Year Zero

The Sandman

I love it so frickin' much! Event the songs I didn't care for at first I now love.(Hyperpower!,Vessel, Another version fo the truth) I've listened to it 10+ times, but I'm not to going to listen to again until I buy it next week. But I think its safe to say its my favorite nin album. But thats just me, I'm sure their will be plenty of people who won't care for it. Best song imo is either The good Soldiier, or The Great Destroyer. Well those are my favs, at the moments. The whole album is an easy listena and you should enjoy it. :)

incredible.

i think it's as good as the fragile and TDS, but theyre more personal favourites. but this is in another league because of the thought behind it, conceptually, promotionally etc.

hyperpower! is a great opener, i think they should open their shows to that, just imagining how good freese would play that makes me foam a little.

i love the journey of the album, the different perspectives of people in this world its based on. ending with 'in this twilight' is inspired, its really tender and beautiful but bleak and depressing. his vocals are the best he;s ever sounded on that song.

trent deserves sooo much adulation and respect for this. he creates this monster of a pr storm, the concept behind the album, every single song written devised and performed by him. he's in a league of his own, the most talented artist of this generation. i just have so much respect for trent, he's surpassed himself. but anytihng trent touches is fucking gold anyway. even the disputed with teeth, compare that to other music of the time and it blows the arse off it all.

i think the music will transcend really well to a live show. i saw them a few weeks ago and survivalism and the begining of the end worked really well. i think they'll work better in larger venues and get the big screens up again with the visuals, they could do something incredible there considering the concept.

anyways, favourite songs are vessel, the good solider, capital g. if i hadnt heard the leaks when they surfaced a while ago, survivalism, me i'm not and in this twilight would be my favourites.

to sum up, trent = genius/god

Edited by M_B

Year zero is an incredible album,i must have listened to survivalism 100 times. But i stiill love the rest of the album!

I noticed on one of my download sites , ther is a "Tardusted Remix" of Survivalism available

for this song , you might want to check that out...

Year zero is an incredible album,i must have listened to survivalism 100 times. But i stiill love the rest of the album!

I noticed on one of my download sites , ther is a "Tardusted Remix" of Survivalism available

for this song , you might want to check that out...

It's on the single for the song along with an instrumental for "The Greater Good."

I actually prefer the Tardusted remix in some ways, but the original is more faster paced which I think suits it better.

Year Zero is a good record. It's not going to appeal to general listeners as much as the last album, which I find admirable - he's still willing to create very non-mainstream work. There's some stuff on here that's really going to alienate people. At the same time, it's not as bloated or pretentious as The Fragile. In a lot of ways it's the best album he's done.

I still have to say, though: I love With_Teeth and I think it's underrated. So I'm not going to say it's necessarily better. It's just... different.

i got it today as NIN gets hyped up on here quite regulary and their playing reading so i thought id give em a listen, the new song suvivalism is good, havent really played it much to be honest...i think it will take time getting used to, i dont really listen to this type of stuff

anyone recommend any of their previous stuff to help me out at all?

I'm just not getting into it TBH. I'm not a fan of electro driven music, I like my guitar. This album just doesn't seem interesting enough for me to change my taste. And tbh I find the lyrics a bit laughable, even worse than With Teeth...

B)-->

QUOTE(mr.b @ Apr 17 2007, 10:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm just not getting into it TBH. I'm not a fan of electro driven music, I like my guitar. This album just doesn't seem interesting enough for me to change my taste. And tbh I find the lyrics a bit laughable, even worse than With Teeth...

Thank you. Don't get me wrong, I like different approaches to music once in a while, and I hear everyone loving this album, but I just could not get into it. Some songs sounded pretty cool, but I found most of it pretty bland. Mind you, I'm not a huge NIN fan, so I'm still new to this, but I was expecting so much more from the reaction it has received.