emo bashing thread

vulgar

i've been tryin to figure out what this whole emo thing is about but...it doesnt seem to be anything musical, its a lifestyle thing, a certain phase of adolescence accentuated a little. people have told me it has somethin to do with Ian McKaye of Minor Threat/Fugazi fame. it came out of the hardcore scene but....a lot of the offshoots of hardcore and just aimless labelling at the slightest variation of anything.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i've been tryin to figure out what this whole emo thing is about but...it doesnt seem to be anything musical, its a lifestyle thing, a certain phase of adolescence accentuated a little. people have told me it has somethin to do with Ian McKaye of Minor Threat/Fugazi fame. it came out of the hardcore scene but....a lot of the offshoots of hardcore and just aimless labelling at the slightest variation of anything.

The first "emocore" band, even though I don't particularly like that label, were arguably Rites of Spring, featuring Guy Picciotto (who would later go onto form Fugazi with Ian MacKaye) then I suppose other bands were Embrace (not that lame 90s indie band) and Gray Matter.

You're right that emocore rose out of hardcore, at the time the hardcore scene was getting full of idiots whom would start fights and ruin it for everybody else. The way I interpret it is that "emocore" was an attempt to take the basis of hardcore and convert it from it's aggressive extroverted focus and make it more of an introverted reflective....thing. (i ran out of clever words.)

Anyway, what counts as "emo" nowadays basically equates to a style of fashion. I don't think it really has anything in common with what was originally described as "emocore" being that most "emo" bands are on major labels, have high quality recordings and whose lyrical content is much more direct and usually aimed at bad boy-girl relationships and death. Both topics tinged with self pity and slave morality.

RIIIGHT..Well...

Emo culture is a bunch of clones writing shitty, repetative, and depressing music, with whiney child-like voices, topped off with the sensitivity of a 12-year-old girl.

But the thing that annoys me is that they all LOOK the same but they want to be different to everyone else. Just like the Goths. Self-satire.

This stupid emo girl told me she doesn't watch a particular TV program because everyone else does. Then I pointed out she was wearing the cliché emo-wear.

"He's a prophet and a pusher, partly truth and partly fiction, a walking contradiction"

:rofl-lol: got to agree with you there...

and also what is up with the guys wearing skinny jeans?!?! it looks fucking ridiculous and disgusting...

Pfft to everyone that says Bullet suck. They rock. Even I will admit their singing parts are emo, but the screaming and quite good guitars really make up for it. Plus they are metalcore :huh:...

People are far too quick to judge.

i dont get this whole emo thing?

i like mainly indie music acts (the bands that come out of NME) such as the libertines, bloc party, the killers, the horrors, enter shikari etc..i sometimes get labelled as an emo cause i wear skinny jeans, which i know im not!

so what is an emo?

someone tell me....

i like mainly indie music acts (the bands that come out of NME) such as the libertines, bloc party, the killers, the horrors, enter shikari etc..i sometimes get labelled as an emo cause i wear skinny jeans, which i know im not!

so what is an emo?

someone tell me....

Fags who look like this:

Emo_fashion_kid.png

Except with skin, hair, bones & organs etc.

whats wrong with skinnies and converse ?

so what is an emo?

someone tell me....

Fags who look like this:

Emo_fashion_kid.png

nothing wrong with converse... but skinnies... they were designed for girls... lets keep it that way... all that pressure on ur balls wont do ur voice any good...

so what is an emo?

someone tell me....

Fags who look like this:

Emo_fashion_kid.png

nothing wrong with converse... but skinnies... they were designed for girls... lets keep it that way... all that pressure on ur balls wont do ur voice any good...

nah those are Axls secret weapon

but yep that's a funny pic which depicts an emo well.

Nothing Wrong with Converse or Drain pipe jeans actually. emos wear that - they shouldent.

my mate wears the drain pipes and converse why? Ramone fan.

1. Tight mens pants are the shit and pure metal

womens tight pants on men is pure pansey

2. The hair, umm backwards mullet? hahaha

3. Converse no problem with me they were many different shoes though

4 Some "emo" chicks are hot, that being said the guys are retard losers

Edited by 4geowobo

so what is an emo?

someone tell me....

Fags who look like this:

Emo_fashion_kid.png

awesome now some people ACTUALLY know what Kaneda looks like.

so what is an emo?

someone tell me....

Fags who look like this:

Emo_fashion_kid.png

:rofl-lol: harsh but probably true

so what is an emo?

someone tell me....

Fags who look like this:

Emo_fashion_kid.png

:rofl-lol: harsh but probably true

Nah, Kaneda isnt an emo, but from what I remember hes kinda chubby. Theres a few pictures of him floating around the site, just ask Charles Manson

But yeah, MTV and its love for emo music and pop-punk just makes me sick. Watching the VMA's waiting for Axl last year was fucking painful, and how they called those guys "true rockstars"... yeah, rockstars...