Bon Jovi vs Van Halen

Bono

Who is better?  

72 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I picked Bon Jovi. Also here's my question why is it that Bon Jovi quite often is considered "pop metal" or "hair metal" but Van Halen is quite often refered to as classic rock? In my opinion Van Halen was much more "Pop" than Bon Jovi. Van Halen always seemd "light weight"(to steal a phrase from Madison) to me. I think Bon Jovi rocks much harder than VH. What do you guys think?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

your opinion sucks ass...how could you pick Bon Jovi against VH...bla!

Here's why;

Van Halen used more pop synth effects than Bon Jovi ever has. Van Halen's music sounds alot more dated than Bon Jovi's. Never in my five years as a DJ have I had a request for Van Halen. Though quite often get requests for "older" Bon Jovi. Livin' On A Prayer, You Give Love..., Wanted Dead or Alive, I'll Be There for You, Runaway. Those are just a few. Shit even It's My Life people request. That's why I pick Bon Jovi over Van halen. Van halen has always sounded weak to me. I like Bon Jovi better. A whole lot better actually. I'd even go as far as saying I don't like Van Halen at all. That's me though.

your opinion sucks ass...how could you pick Bon Jovi against VH...bla!

Here's why;

Van Halen used more pop synth effects than Bon Jovi ever has. Van Halen's music sounds alot more dated than Bon Jovi's. Never in my five years as a DJ have I had a request for Van Halen. Though quite often get requests for "older" Bon Jovi. Livin' On A Prayer, You Give Love..., Wanted Dead or Alive, I'll Be There for You, Runaway. Those are just a few. Shit even It's My Life people request. That's why I pick Bon Jovi over Van halen. Van halen has always sounded weak to me. I like Bon Jovi better. A whole lot better actually. I'd even go as far as saying I don't like Van Halen at all. That's me though.

I think you are referring to Van Hagar not Van Halen. Van Halen With Dave rocked, they were my favourite band untill GNR, and are my second fave now, You listen to there self titled album, then tell me that they are synth pop. WTF, how can you possibly think that Bon Jovi is better than the VH man.

i dont know how u can compare VAN HALEN with bon jovi,

eddie van halen changed guitar playing and is one of the most important guitarists of all time, and the whole band kicked ass with david lee roth they rocked more but with sammy hagar they weren't as bad as some people say, i think they grew up a lot as musicians during the hagar times they made more interesting songs like right now and did lots of cool ballads

and bon jovi is just another hair band ,even though i like em a lot their best album to me was these days

I picked Bon Jovi. Also here's my question why is it that Bon Jovi quite often is considered "pop metal" or "hair metal" but Van Halen is quite often refered to as classic rock? In my opinion Van Halen was much more "Pop" than Bon Jovi. Van Halen always seemd "light weight"(to steal a phrase from Madison) to me. I think Bon Jovi rocks much harder than VH. What do you guys think?

Seriously, is that your opinion?? If this is really is your opinion, then you are insane, I mean it. If you can't understand why Van Halen is taken more seriously than Bon Jovi then I have nothing to say, it's not even worth discussing? Bon Jovi!!!! can there be more of a chick band than Bon Jovi. One name says it all; Eddie Van Halen..whether you like him or not he's a living legend.I can't believe this has to be explained. Bon Jovi is as cheesy as they come, one riduculous cheesy love song after another,and they all sound the same for god's sake. What Eddie can do with a guitar is simply astonoshing.

Seriously, is that your opinion?? If this is really is your opinion, then you are insane, I mean it. If you can't understand why Van Halen is taken more seriously than Bon Jovi then I have nothing to say, it's not even worth discussing? Bon Jovi!!!! can there be more of a chick band than Bon Jovi. One name says it all; Eddie Van Halen..whether you like him or not he's a living legend.I can't believe this has to be explained. Bon Jovi is as cheesy as they come, one riduculous cheesy love song after another,and they all sound the same for god's sake. What Eddie can do with a guitar is simply astonoshing.

two words my friend...sex appeal ;)

firstly let me just say i love bj and vh both and have all there albums.

ok so vh are cosidered more important and rocking that bj because they set themselves apart with their debut album album. Eddie was an innovator and started in a sense what bj carried on i'm reffering to "jump" with the synthesisers and keyboard.

bj namely jbj doesn't get anywhere as much credit because there's something a little hard to beleive when he sings lines like "only two paychecks away from the street", do you really think he knows what that's like? And when i heard that they tested "slipery when wet" by playing various songs to aged group 15-30 to see which songs they liked so they could then put those on the album you have to question how much is that about money and not music.

that however shouldn't be held against bj because richie is awesome and even jbj is greatr at what he does. BJ aren't "just another hari metal band" they are one of the best because they did it better than jsut about anyone else thats whyt they were so successful.

Ii think its a question of how commercial the band are. I mean if you listen to "if i was your mother" its pretty heavy comprable to some vh, but bj (jbj) will still not get as much credit becauise they are tremendously commercial.

Edited by fuzzbubble