Bon Jovi vs Van Halen

Bono

Who is better?  

72 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This poll has been done sooooo many times and VH ALWAYS wins . Every member is more talented than any BJ members and most VH songs kick BJ songs to the curb . VH is a great classic rock band that has always had an edge to them , calling the "weak" is a joke listen to albums like VH1 and II , Diver Down or WACF and you'll see they were ass-kicking . Some Hagar stuff is a bit lighter and "poppier" but all of BJ's stuff is like that .

Peace GnR Nation B)

jump is one of the worse songs ever.

if i had to choose Id choose van halen, but still i dont think either deserves a vote :)

That's pure ignorance. I bet you judge Van Halen by some poppy songs(even if Jump just kicks ass)you see on MTV or hear on radio.

That's just stupid. just buy Van Halen I or 1984, or download them and you'll see how it will change your mind.

Same with Bon Jovi. Buy New Jersey or Keep The Faith or 7800 Degrees Fahrenheit and give them a listen. Then have an opinion!

I dont watch MTV, again why do you think Mtv is some holy grail for music?

It's not.. it just plays a lot of music...

Anyway.. VH all the way :D

jump is one of the worse songs ever.

if i had to choose Id choose van halen, but still i dont think either deserves a vote :)

That's pure ignorance. I bet you judge Van Halen by some poppy songs(even if Jump just kicks ass)you see on MTV or hear on radio.

That's just stupid. just buy Van Halen I or 1984, or download them and you'll see how it will change your mind.

Same with Bon Jovi. Buy New Jersey or Keep The Faith or 7800 Degrees Fahrenheit and give them a listen. Then have an opinion!

I dont watch MTV, again why do you think Mtv is some holy grail for music?

Thats prcisely the opposite of what he said. He meant youve only seen the video for jump and thats what you probably judge them on. He didnt say mtv was good

This poll has been done sooooo many times and VH ALWAYS wins . Every member is more talented than any BJ members and most VH songs kick BJ songs to the curb . VH is a great classic rock band that has always had an edge to them , calling the "weak" is a joke listen to albums like VH1 and II , Diver Down or WACF and you'll see they were ass-kicking . Some Hagar stuff is a bit lighter and "poppier" but all of BJ's stuff is like that .

Peace GnR Nation B)

Actually, your last sentence just proves that you have heard only BJ Singles.

I have the whole Van Halen discography and of course the whole BJ discography and I can name 20-30 BJ songs that are heavier than anything Van Halen have done.

And about 10 that are heavier(musically, not lyrically)than everything Guns N' Roses have done.

Van Halen always seemd "light weight"(to steal a phrase from Madison) to me.

Soft? SOFT? <_<

Ever heard Eruption, Poundcake, Hot For Teacher, Panama, The Best of Both Worlds, Their covers of You Really Got Me/Pretty Woman or Aint Talkin' Bout Love?

No?

Then STFU, because you know nothing.

EDIT: I meant lightweight - not soft. But same thing.

Edited by highvoltageacdc

one word: INFLUENCE

yes they influenced a lot of awful bands :)

Right...

Let's take UGLY KID JOE for example...they said their biggest influences are VAN HALEN and BON JOVI...well...

whateva' sista!

UGLY KID JOE? yer man one of the best of all time

cmon man, its time to take the gloves off.

their best songs, panama, jump and eruption.

I can only appreciate one of those songs.

Edited by supernova

one word: INFLUENCE

yes they influenced a lot of awful bands :)

Right...

Let's take UGLY KID JOE for example...they said their biggest influences are VAN HALEN and BON JOVI...well...

whateva' sista!

UGLY KID JOE? yer man one of the best of all time

cmon man, its time to take the gloves off.

their best songs, panama, jump and eruption.

I can only appreciate one of those songs.

I don't get what bands you'd like to be influenced by VH or BJ? Ugky Kid Joe were at least one of the last bands that had some good tunes and made it quite big.

Well...as I said...MTV...ok, Erruption wasn't played.

Right now, I''m listening to Seventh Seel with Hagar...and it just kicks ass!

But as I see, it doesn't make any sense.You'll never change your point of view so let's just stop it.

Heavy isn't just sound BTW , it's also attitude and well BJ never really had a "heavy" attitude , yes some of thier tunes may have been musically heavy but in the whole it lacks the attitude soooo whatever it's not bad it's just not hard .

Peace GnR Nation B)