FunkyMonk

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Ohdistortedsmile1789
Fuck off OBS...its rock n roll.

LONG LIVE ROCK N ROLL rock1

If you are referring to me, you can fuck off. I love Rock and Roll as much as anyone else.

i agree and disagree with OD. he's right but...i think judging a genre based on the ignorance of its fanbase is to ignore the music but then again im just as guilty maybe more of thinkin that way about rock but not only towards the fans but the genre too. always was kinda had my heart in punk rock and the whole No Wave idea but...i dunno. i was kinda partial to this ideology.

Tom: "Both you and John have said that you don't want this to have anything to do with rock 'n' roll. Why do you dislike rock 'n' roll so much?"

John: "It's dead. It's a disease. It's a plague. It's been going on for too long. It's history. It's vile. It's not achieving anything, it's just regression. They play rock 'n' roll at airports. It's about as like advanced as it can possibly get!"

Tom: "But there was a . . ."

John: "It's too limited."

Tom: "But there was a time when you didn't feel that way!"

John: "It is too much like a structure, a church."

Tom: "Yeah, but there was . . ."

John: "A religion. A farce."

Tom: "A time when you did not feel that way! What made you change your mind?"

John: "No, I've always felt this way."

Tom: "Even when you were with the Sex Pistols?"

John: "I wondered when you'd get round to that one! Yes, even then! Because the Sex Pistols was going to be the absolute end of rock 'n' roll, which I thought it was. Unfortunately, the majority of the public, being the senile animals that they are, got that wrong. Too bad. All's I want is an image

so fuck it, everyone make some horrible dischordant noise instead :):):)

i agree and disagree with OD. he's right but...i think judging a genre based on the ignorance of its fanbase is to ignore the music but then again im just as guilty maybe more of thinkin that way about rock but not only towards the fans but the genre too. always was kinda had my heart in punk rock and the whole No Wave idea but...i dunno. i was kinda partial to this ideology.

I don't mean to judge the genre, I'm just saying that it's unfortunate.

seems to me you'd be more likely to sneer at people beside you and in front of you at a concert...

seems to me you'd be more likely to sneer at people beside you and in front of you at a concert...

Oh please.

I only go to concerts to have fun.

You people all need to lighten up, you don't need to become "defenders of the faith" just because of an observation I've made.

Oh please.

You people all need to lighten up, you don't need to become "defenders of the faith" just because of an observation I've made.

y'aint from round here are ya boy?!?! ya done riled up the elders! quick, someone get a length of rope, i see a sacrifice in the offing :lol:

Oh please.

I'm not sure when I said I was defending anything. Just making an observation that you seem to hold the rock fan in low esteem and therefore must have some slight resentment when standing next to that which you look down on at a concert.

Oh please.

I'm not sure when I said I was defending anything. Just making an observation that you seem to hold the rock fan in low esteem and therefore must have some slight resentment when standing next to that which you look down on at a concert.

That is not so.

The 60's and 70's was rock n' roll to me.. all the music from those era's are rock n' roll to me, of course some of teh stuff in the 50's and back are to.. butw hen you say rock n' roll, I think marshall tuckerband, foghat, creadence clearwater, pink floyd, the james gang, lynard skynard (I have accepted my souther roots..lol..) and georges sattelite.. thats what come sto mind, smokey bar's, biker's, long hair, ugly mustaches, big hipped women with orangataing titties with big ass brown bomber nipples...lol.. thats rock n' roll to me..

I am a Blues musician, do you think most people I play for really understand where the music is coming from?

...of COURSE not!

I hate to say it, but most of the enthusiasm with which rock fans enjoy Led Zeppelin's blues material is the product of ignorance. Especially on the first two albums, their attempts at blues are simply embarrassing. Faked southern accents and shoddy harmonica playing is not good when compared with the real thing.
well us simple rock folk wouldn't know anything about that...hyuk hyuk
You can really fuck off with all that purist shit.

yeah I'll stand here steadfast if it's ok with you

^This coming from a Rock fan as well, don't forget that.

I am a Blues musician, do you think most people I play for really understand where the music is coming from?

...of COURSE not!

I hate to say it, but most of the enthusiasm with which rock fans enjoy Led Zeppelin's blues material is the product of ignorance. Especially on the first two albums, their attempts at blues are simply embarrassing. Faked southern accents and shoddy harmonica playing is not good when compared with the real thing.

I don't know if it's even worth responding to these replies. I will address one thing though.

Most (most!) people familiar with Led Zeppelin, are not familiar with real Blues music. That is not to say that all "rock folk" are ignorant in that way, but it is the tendency of the majority. I don't feel like Led Zeppelin's straight ahead Blues material is very special, and I do feel that if most listeners were familiar with the originals, they would agree with me. Now, of course, that's an opinion of mine.

Please, don't accuse me of being a purist who is out to insult all fans of Rock music. I am a very big fan of Rock music myself, so that wouldn't make much sense would it? I've brought up Guns N' Roses with Jazz players I know, I'm not ashamed, it's all the same team in my mind.

Now, now, if we can set aside my ideas about Led Zeppelin and the Blues for a moment, which are really irrelevant here:

Rock and Roll, early on, was a beautiful fusion of some of the country and blues sounds going on in America at the time. It was also informed by a sense of youth and rebellion that was new to the mainstream. These ideals fueled everything from Chuck Berry's tales of cars to the Beatles pacifism to the anger of Punk in the late 1970s and the darkness of Heavy Metal throughout the last three decades or so. In the process, Rock has become the music of white America. And, at least where I'm from, white America includes a whole lot of racist idiots. I've been told "Fuck rap, listen to metal, you're white" both literally, and in other words, many times. This kind of attitude is far too prevalent amongst Rock listeners. And it's a shame, especially because Rock music was largely created by black performers. This kind of ignorance, I feel, is in a league of it's own. You could point to the legions of aspiring Gangsters spawned from Rap, but the sheer amount of ignorant Rock fans of this kind outweigh them. What we have now is many people listening to Rock music, and taking in the general aggressiveness of it, and seeing it as another confirmation of their machismo. System of a Down is played at high school football games, and pro-war friends of mine rave about "B.Y.O.B.", there is a level of confusion in Rock music that isn't seen elsewhere.

I love the music, and all I am meaning to say is that it's unfortunate that so much of it is misunderstood and taken the wrong way.

I hope I was able to explain myself pretty clearly, honestly I don't understand why so many of you have become offended. Maybe you live in a different kind of area than I do.

...of COURSE not!

I don't know if it's even worth responding to these replies. I will address one thing though.

Most (most!) people familiar with Led Zeppelin, are not familiar with real Blues music. That is not to say that all "rock folk" are ignorant in that way, but it is the tendency of the majority. I don't feel like Led Zeppelin's straight ahead Blues material is very special, and I do feel that if most listeners were familiar with the originals, they would agree with me. Now, of course, that's an opinion of mine.

Please, don't accuse me of being a purist who is out to insult all fans of Rock music. I am a very big fan of Rock music myself, so that wouldn't make much sense would it? I've brought up Guns N' Roses with Jazz players I know, I'm not ashamed, it's all the same team in my mind.

Now, now, if we can set aside my ideas about Led Zeppelin and the Blues for a moment, which are really irrelevant here:

Rock and Roll, early on, was a beautiful fusion of some of the country and blues sounds going on in America at the time. It was also informed by a sense of youth and rebellion that was new to the mainstream. These ideals fueled everything from Chuck Berry's tales of cars to the Beatles pacifism to the anger of Punk in the late 1970s and the darkness of Heavy Metal throughout the last three decades or so. In the process, Rock has become the music of white America. And, at least where I'm from, white America includes a whole lot of racist idiots. I've been told "Fuck rap, listen to metal, you're white" both literally, and in other words, many times. This kind of attitude is far too prevalent amongst Rock listeners. And it's a shame, especially because Rock music was largely created by black performers. This kind of ignorance, I feel, is in a league of it's own. You could point to the legions of aspiring Gangsters spawned from Rap, but the sheer amount of ignorant Rock fans of this kind outweigh them. What we have now is many people listening to Rock music, and taking in the general aggressiveness of it, and seeing it as another confirmation of their machismo. System of a Down is played at high school football games, and pro-war friends of mine rave about "B.Y.O.B.", there is a level of confusion in Rock music that isn't seen elsewhere.

I love the music, and all I am meaning to say is that it's unfortunate that so much of it is misunderstood and taken the wrong way.

I hope I was able to explain myself pretty clearly, honestly I don't understand why so many of you have become offended. Maybe you live in a different kind of area than I do.

ooh, so the majority of white people are ignorant, especially if they dont like rap music? Thats alittle, fuckin ignorant dont you think? So what? They dont like black people.. the over-whelming majority of them are loud and obnouxios, and I know black people, who will look at these kinda people and say "man I cant fuckin stand black folk, they're so goddamn ignorant".. does that make them ignorant too? No, of course not.. theyre well educated respectiable black people, but you let me, or any other white dude say I cant stand black people, all the sudden we're ignorant.. did you ever stop to think, that maybe, you're the ignorant one? I mean, hell.. anybody can go to school and learn some shit, but common goddamn sence and deciancy is something you have to teach yourself, something alot of people are lacking in... but really, just fuckin stop, and look at yourself, and maybe, see that maybe, you're the ignorant one, for not atleast getting to know the person.. so what he dont like black people.. if you bring a well dressed black person to their house, and he shows recpect to the person, he will get respect back... thats so fuckin typical of a fuckin wigger to call somebody ignorant, because they're white and dont listen to rap, and the biggest reason most people give is, because they said the N word, or they dont like black people, yeah, well fuck you.. I don;t have a problem with black people, I have a problem with everybody, I just happen to hate white and black people who act all gangsta and are loud and annoying, more than other's.. does that make me ignorant? Doe sit make anybody ignorant.. if so, then you're just as fuckin ignorant..

I don;t think a single person doesnt know that black people are the one's who created rock music, and the blues and jazz... I don;t think anybody said any different, the thing people are crawling your ass about is being fuckin racist towards white people, you say it's white america's music, and atleats in your part white america contains abunch of ignorant motherfucker's.. thats what's pissing people off, and thats some racist fuckin shit I ever heard it.. judging people's intellegence based soley on their music, and basing your ideal's on a musical genre just because you think everybody is stupid that listens to it, or oh, i'm sorry, just the majority of us.. thats alittle fucked up aint it? Jo, not to you...

And you do not wanna compare intellegence in rock/metal and rap/hip-hop.. because hip-hop and rap have only been big for so long, and it's producing stupid people in record fuckin number's there leroy,. so wont you go sit down somewhere and be stupid away from me..

Asfar as the music goes, I think that the people who listen to true, rock and true metal, are alot fuckin smarter than u give us credit for, there's a difference between my chemical romance and Pink Floyd, there's a whole world of differnce between takin back sunday and The Marshall tucker band or say, a real heavy metal band like dimmu borgir or arch enemy, even slipknot... "I havent the slightest, why i'm teaching your brightest".. isn't just a line, read the fuckin report on there smartass, more smart people are listening to heavy metal and hard rock, than Jazz or Blue's and classical..lmao.. and Rap.. well, Rap's number's were so low they didnt make it into teh report... so you may wanna rethink your previous ignorant fuckin statement.. now, go somewhere else and be stupid

Edited by oogieboogieman420

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

...of COURSE not!

ooh, so the majority of white people are ignorant, especially if they dont like rap music? Thats alittle, fuckin ignorant dont you think? So what? They dont like black people.. the over-whelming majority of them are loud and obnouxios, and I know black people, who will look at these kinda people and say "man I cant fuckin stand black folk, they're so goddamn ignorant".. does that make them ignorant too? No, of course not.. theyre well educated respectiable black people, but you let me, or any other white dude say I cant stand black people, all the sudden we're ignorant.. did you ever stop to think, that maybe, you're the ignorant one? I mean, hell.. anybody can go to school and learn some shit, but common goddamn sence and deciancy is something you have to teach yourself, something alot of people are lacking in... but really, just fuckin stop, and look at yourself, and maybe, see that maybe, you're the ignorant one, for not atleast getting to know the person.. so what he dont like black people.. if you bring a well dressed black person to their house, and he shows recpect to the person, he will get respect back... thats so fuckin typical of a fuckin wigger to call somebody ignorant, because they're white and dont listen to rap, and the biggest reason most people give is, because they said the N word, or they dont like black people, yeah, well fuck you.. I don;t have a problem with black people, I have a problem with everybody, I just happen to hate white and black people who act all gangsta and are loud and annoying, more than other's.. does that make me ignorant? Doe sit make anybody ignorant.. if so, then you're just as fuckin ignorant..

I don;t think a single person doesnt know that black people are the one's who created rock music, and the blues and jazz... I don;t think anybody said any different, the thing people are crawling your ass about is being fuckin racist towards white people, you say it's white america's music, and atleats in your part white america contains abunch of ignorant motherfucker's.. thats what's pissing people off, and thats some racist fuckin shit I ever heard it.. judging people's intellegence based soley on their music, and basing your ideal's on a musical genre just because you think everybody is stupid that listens to it, or oh, i'm sorry, just the majority of us.. thats alittle fucked up aint it? Jo, not to you...

And you do not wanna compare intellegence in rock/metal and rap/hip-hop.. because hip-hop and rap have only been big for so long, and it's producing stupid people in record fuckin number's there leroy,. so wont you go sit down somewhere and be stupid away from me..

Asfar as the music goes, I think that the people who listen to true, rock and true metal, are alot fuckin smarter than u give us credit for, there's a difference between my chemical romance and Pink Floyd, there's a whole world of differnce between takin back sunday and The Marshall tucker band or say, a real heavy metal band like dimmu borgir or arch enemy, even slipknot... "I havent the slightest, why i'm teaching your brightest".. isn't just a line, read the fuckin report on there smartass, more smart people are listening to heavy metal and hard rock, than Jazz or Blue's and classical..lmao.. and Rap.. well, Rap's number's were so low they didnt make it into teh report... so you may wanna rethink your previous ignorant fuckin statement.. now, go somewhere else and be stupid

You made your short statments pretty long :P

...of COURSE not!

You made your short statments pretty long :P

Sometimes you just have more to say than what u thought..