Guns N'Roses vs AC/DC

dobadog

Guest Ohdistortedsmile1789

There's no logical reason to argue for Guns N' Roses above AC/DC, with the exception of personal preference. In terms of influence and endurance, AC/DC are miles ahead. Guns N' Roses always had a certain edge that appeals to me more, but I wouldn't really press the issue either way.

There's no logical reason to argue for Guns N' Roses above AC/DC, with the exception of personal preference. In terms of influence and endurance, AC/DC are miles ahead. Guns N' Roses always had a certain edge that appeals to me more, but I wouldn't really press the issue either way.

yeah but influence? they been around much longer. and what was always cool about guns is that they were like DC/stones/aerosmith/NY Dolls/led zeppelin all mashed together and spat out. i call evens. btw, Highway To Hell is better than Back In Black imo.

I think GN'R are more diverse.

AC/DC is a fun rock n' roll band with some great blues-rock edge. Most people would probably rank them higher than GN'R.

But I think GNR's general output is more interesting - for me, anyway.

Guest Ohdistortedsmile1789

AC/DC is a fun rock n' roll band with some great blues-rock edge. Most people would probably rank them higher than GN'R.

More interesting, but more flawed as well.

More interesting, but more flawed as well.

Really just depends on personal preference, as you said.

Personally, I think they are ahead of AC/DC in what they strove for.

AC/DC made some cool straight-ahead rock tunes like Back in Black and Rock N' Roll Ain't Noise Pollution - they were a true rock band. GN'R were a lot different in approach to music.

ACDC to me was always a very overrated band. No diversity and very uninteresting. Nothing different...nothing crazy...never going out of the box...

....but they loved doing what they did, creating hard rock songs that all sound quite similar. As long as they enjoyed doing what they did, there's nothing wrong with that. However, they never traveled outside of their comfort zone to try anything different or interesting. Therefore, they will never be a top 5 band in my opinion.

I read somewhere that Guns N Roses used to listen to Back in Black before they got on stage. I think its the best party rock record ever made. If you put on the titlesong Back in black to a party,everybodys on the dancefloor. Everyone deserves to own High Voltage, Highway to hell, Let there be rock and Back in black. AC/DC makes me happy :lol:

nah I have High Voltage, Highway to Hell and Back in Black, HtH and BiB really impressed me but High Voltage, not so much.. I thougt the only great song on the album was the cover song, Baby, Please Don't Go and I like Aerosmith's cover better.. all the other songs on HV I found very weak

ACDC's TNT was the first rock song I ever liked though, I heard it when I got Tony Hawk Pro Skater 2 I think and everytime I was studying or just doing something I turned on the Tony Hawk game and found TNT and listened to it, if I remember correctly it was called "track 17" on Tony Hawk :P had no idea what band this was, I was only like 11 years old and didn't know much about music, began listening to GN'R on my 12 year old birthday, that's when I ACDC stopped being my fav. band

EDIT: so I had a good 1 year with ACDC :D

Are you sure youre talking about High Voltage? Theres no cover of Baby please dont go and the album is filled up with great songs like TNT, Long way to the top, Live Wire and rock n roll singer. No one in their right mind can say "nah" to High Voltage, one of the greatest rock albums ever.

I read somewhere that Guns N Roses used to listen to Back in Black before they got on stage. I think its the best party rock record ever made. If you put on the titlesong Back in black to a party,everybodys on the dancefloor. Everyone deserves to own High Voltage, Highway to hell, Let there be rock and Back in black. AC/DC makes me happy :lol:

nah I have High Voltage, Highway to Hell and Back in Black, HtH and BiB really impressed me but High Voltage, not so much.. I thougt the only great song on the album was the cover song, Baby, Please Don't Go and I like Aerosmith's cover better.. all the other songs on HV I found very weak

ACDC's TNT was the first rock song I ever liked though, I heard it when I got Tony Hawk Pro Skater 2 I think and everytime I was studying or just doing something I turned on the Tony Hawk game and found TNT and listened to it, if I remember correctly it was called "track 17" on Tony Hawk :P had no idea what band this was, I was only like 11 years old and didn't know much about music, began listening to GN'R on my 12 year old birthday, that's when I ACDC stopped being my fav. band

EDIT: so I had a good 1 year with ACDC :D

Are you sure youre talking about High Voltage? Theres no cover of Baby please dont go and the album is filled up with great songs like TNT, Long way to the top, Live Wire and rock n roll singer. No one in their right mind can say "nah" to High Voltage, one of the greatest rock albums ever.

okey then I've been fucked, I have seen a set-list of High Voltage wich looks alot better than the one on my album! it has probably just been made by some jerk-ass-mother-fucker, I bought on a street market :S