for the slipknot fans

oogieboogieman420

See, i'm a real guns fan, I like to talk about shit a year in the making..lol.. but seriously though... I know there's like, 1.. maybe two of us maggots here.. and alot of metal fan's... but, What do you think the new album will sound like? I read over ath black-goat, that it's said to be going back to an Iowa-ish sound.. I'm alittle torn myself, cause I like the new sound, the more more commanly structured rock songs like in VOL.3.. the melodey, teh guitar work and their ability to show that yes, we're hard, fast and loud.. but we're very talented musicians, together and apart.. see what we can do? But, I think the slipknot Iowa and selftitled album's sound's, are just amazing.. it's not your normal song structure.. it doesnt follow the blue print of a song, as it's this and this and this, no room for solo's, nobody stands out unless the person hearing the music picks them out.. the, atmosphere to ecah song, it's like a real story.. without repeating shit over and over but they do do that also like in prosthetics "damnit man I knew it was a mistake, damnit man I knew it was a mistake.." after the 40th time it's likeyeah dude, I know.. it was a mistake, you're bidding your time, what tha fuck is different you cant believe this and ok.. just ok man.. ok... I'm even kinda hoping for maybe a two disc fushion of the two sounds, maybe start out on disc one with the Iow/slipknot (ST) album's sound, and then slowly transition into a more subdued beast kinda maturity that we see in VOL3.. I dunno.. i'm sure thsi topic will sink fast to the bottom, but I still wanna know what the people who are fans think./. and yes, i'm also talking about this in other forums, just wanted to know what my fellow slipknot fan/s here think..

its probably going to be as crap as the last album was,because they have to "progress" now

but if they are going back to the Iowa sound,the better,

simply the production on Vol 3 was absolutely horrible,how can a band who droptunes their guitar so much,still manage to create such a thin guitar tone.

its probably going to be as crap as the last album was,because they have to "progress" now

but if they are going back to the Iowa sound,the better,

simply the production on Vol 3 was absolutely horrible,how can a band who droptunes their guitar so much,still manage to create such a thin guitar tone.

It's because they're not a guitar driven band.. they kinda use it to create the atmoshpere, like in virus of life.. it's only used to kinda give it a feel.. while the drums are what is actually carrying the music and the whole bases of the music, if that makes since.. it's done on purpose.. if you'll listen, it's brilliant, because none of it would be the same if anybody else did it.. literally.. I mean any musician can play the part.. but it wouldnt be the same at all.. Slash could never take the place of james of mick.. no othe rguitar player would be able to do it.. they could.. but it wouldnt be the same.. youw ould know the difference.. like a hemroid teh size of a softball you would know the difference.. and Neil Pert could never take Joey's place... but then again I think in many circle's it's believe that god, couldnt take joey's place..

But anyway.. back on subject.. You have to be aware of that, I think.. when you listen to slipknot.. is the whole bases of what a song and musis is tested very hard.. they kinda picked the line up and moved it.. because it's a mixture of noise, story telling, reality and nightmares, rolled into a CD.. and thats so cliche of metal bands.. but they really make it believable.. because they don;t form to what music is.. there's a chorus.. but it's not always the same thing..

The sound, asfar as i'm concerened.. I really appreciate what they've done, because when you listen to MFKR, then Iowa, then SLIPKNOT (s/t), you get a feel like.. thsi is a fuckin beast... it's an animal.. but then you listen to VOL.3.. and it's like fuck.. the beast has matured, it's controled in it's anger... the animal isn't even an animal.. it only shows glimpses of itself with the Virus of Life and Nameless tracks... but it's not even psycotic anymore.. it's disturbing I think... I think it's really cool.. and like I said.. I would like to have all that, colmunate onto one album, two disc's, especially if thsi is their last album.. how great it would be, to just onemore time, if you're a true slipknot.. to see that fuckin beast grow up all over again... brand new.. and them just walk away.. I think it would be great... but I'm die hard slipknot.. so I could be the only one..

I think Volume 3 was the best album they made. I thought Iowa felt forced, like Ross Robinson said to them "ok you guys HAVE to be the craziest scariest band in the world!" I think Rick Rubin made the album sound more humanized, which is weird to say about a band that wears masks and jumpsuits but regardless. I know a lot of people didnt like the last album but I applaud the chance they took. I really liked the song 'The Nameless" because it balanced the classic heavy sound with the newer melodic type of stuff perfectly. I also thought that Joey Jordinson's drumming sounded the best on Volume 3 than any of their other albums. Listen to "The Blister Exists" for further evidence on that. I hope they stick with Rick Rubin and maaybe see what he can do if they try to go heavier. Its the story with any band, as they go on they change as people so theyre not gonna make an angry heavy aggressive album if thats not what they feel when they create. That said, id like to see how Rubin would work the album if the band was writing incredibly brutal music again. We'll see what happens, but they're all talented musicians and Rubin is a God amongst producers, so as a long time Slipknot fan I have faith.

I think Volume 3 was the best album they made. I thought Iowa felt forced, like Ross Robinson said to them "ok you guys HAVE to be the craziest scariest band in the world!" I think Rick Rubin made the album sound more humanized, which is weird to say about a band that wears masks and jumpsuits but regardless. I know a lot of people didnt like the last album but I applaud the chance they took. I really liked the song 'The Nameless" because it balanced the classic heavy sound with the newer melodic type of stuff perfectly. I also thought that Joey Jordinson's drumming sounded the best on Volume 3 than any of their other albums. Listen to "The Blister Exists" for further evidence on that. I hope they stick with Rick Rubin and maaybe see what he can do if they try to go heavier. Its the story with any band, as they go on they change as people so theyre not gonna make an angry heavy aggressive album if thats not what they feel when they create. That said, id like to see how Rubin would work the album if the band was writing incredibly brutal music again. We'll see what happens, but they're all talented musicians and Rubin is a God amongst producers, so as a long time Slipknot fan I have faith.

Agreed on every level... EXCEPT.. On the Iowa part.. I love Iowa.. and i'm not just saying that cause i'm a die hard fanboy.. I think it was brilliant.. I mean, the song.. Iowa, it's like, 10 minutes before anything happens.. The only song I feel liek is forced on thata lbum was heritic anthem... I like the song.. but I'm sure there's one on teh cutting floor that coulda took it's place... but disasterpeices, people=shit, everything end's.. thats fuckin classic slipknot to me.. the selftitled album was awesome, but I think Iowa showed another level of maturity.. the growing of the beast.. but you're right.. I think VOL.3 is amazing.. The Nameless is just.. what can you not say about this song?..lol.. I think live, it's better than it is studio version... and opium of the people.. those are my favorite tracks on that album... the blister exsist as you said, shows the brilliance of the band as a whole, and individually. I think Pulse of the maggots should be every metal fans anthem... and is it just me, or is Virus of life just the coolest fuckin song ever?