Willie Nelson

Guest Ohdistortedsmile1789

I've been meaning to get into Willie Nelson, and it seems seeing him live would be a good start. Is he fantastic live?

I've been meaning to get into Willie Nelson, and it seems seeing him live would be a good start. Is he fantastic live?

I saw him at the Music Midtown festival in Atlanta some years back and he put on an excellent show. I don't think many people are aware that he is not just a great singer/songwriter-he is an excellent lead guitarist as well.

I saw him at the Music Midtown festival in Atlanta some years back and he put on an excellent show. I don't think many people are aware that he is not just a great singer/songwriter-he is an excellent lead guitarist as well.

Cool.

He's playing on a farm close to home, tickets are 50 dollars.

Cool.

It's worth it trust me.

Cool.

Totally worth it. I saw him and Fogerty last year. The only problem with the show was that Willie only got an hour set. He's got some great stuff - Always On My Mind and Whiskey River are my personal favorites.

I have an old vinyl copy of Willie and Family live that I got from my parents and it is a pretty good representation of his live shows. I'm not sure if it is available on CD or not though.

i like Willie alot, but lately it seems like he's rushing through his shows. plus he changes all the vocal phrasing to the point where some of the songs don't even sound like the original. they sound very disjointed. 25 years ago, he was great live, now, not so much.

b0000dg00e01lzzzzzzzfg1.jpg

Picked this one up, allmusic rates it as one of his very worst, but it's got a certain appeal to it. I could imagine crying along with it after 19 beers.

I love that song. Seen him do it twice, absolutely a perfect representation of love. Willie is just the fucking man. It's not as good as The King's version, but after all, who has ever covered The King and done it justice?

I love that song. Seen him do it twice, absolutely a perfect representation of love. Willie is just the fucking man. It's not as good as The King's version, but after all, who has ever covered The King and done it justice?

also on that album is the song "Let It Be Me" which Elvis did as well. Willie does a good job on that one too. it's a beautiful song. one of my favorite melodies.

also on that album is the song "Let It Be Me" which Elvis did as well. Willie does a good job on that one too. it's a beautiful song. one of my favorite melodies.

My brother pointed out that it's quite similar to "I'll Be There" from the Jackson 5.

• 2 weeks later...

My brother pointed out that it's quite similar to "I'll Be There" from the Jackson 5.

"Let It Be Me" is an adaptation of an old song called "Je T'appartiens". i think it was written back in the 30's. it may even be older.

"Let It Be Me" is an adaptation of an old song called "Je T'appartiens". i think it was written back in the 30's. it may even be older.

Interesting.