The Band - The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down

gnrrulz

I'm not by any means interested in the civil war but for whatever reason this performance has me fascinated:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odBYhqZ9hAI

I caught this on VH1 and I had to immediately find it. The drummer's voice is fantastic and this version is so much more emotional and more powerful than the studio version. Its just a fantastic performance.

If you guys haven't seen The Last Waltz, a film of their last concert with numerous guests-Muddy Waters , Clapton and Van Morrison to name but a few-I highly recommend it.

Guest Ohdistortedsmile1789
The Band are so underrated it's ridiculous. That's all I can really say.

Completely agreed.

Thank you.

Just to elaborate:

Take a listen to Music From the Big Pink. The musicianship on that album is awe-inspiring. Not only were they tried and true practitioners of Folk music, but they could fucking rock and groove too. Robbie Robertson is as underrated as the group is, listen to his work on "Tears of Rage", I've never heard a guitar sound like that in my life.

Edited by Ohdistortedsmile1789

If you guys haven't seen The Last Waltz, a film of their last concert with numerous guests-Muddy Waters , Clapton and Van Morrison to name but a few-I highly recommend it.

was that Neil Young's infamous coke nose appearance?

Yeah it was.