YOUR CHOICE OF THE GREATEST ROCK GROUPS IN HISTORY

LIVING TRIBUNAL

Tell me your top 5 favorite rock groups/artists in history. Heavy metal bands are of course included. Folk rock and alternative rock bands are also included. The whole gamut.

Let me give you a sample list of the greatest rocks bands that ever set foot on a concert stage and non-mainstream bands who have influenced and entertained millions of musicians and casual music fans and listeners.

Here's the list:

Beatles

Rolling Stones

Led Zeppelin

Black Sabbath

AC/DC

Kiss

Van Halen

Deep Purple

The Doors

Pink Floyd

Eagles

The Ramones

Queen

David Bowie

Bruce Springsteen

R.E.M.

U2

Sex Pistols

The Yard Birds

Iggy Pop

Motley Crue

Aerosmith

Metallica

Guns N' Roses

The Black Crowes

Megadeth

Slayer

Nirvana

Pearl Jam

Skid Row

Red Hot Chili Peppers

Pantera

Sepultura

Stone Temple Pilots

Soundgarden

Poison

Warrant

Bon Jovi

Gin Blossoms

Collective Soul

Toad The Wet Sprocket

Dishwalla

Soul Asylum

Green Day

Rage Against The Machine

Korn

Oasis

Cold Play

Creed

Nickelback

Incubus

Now here's my all-time top 5 favorites:

Pearl Jam - This band is the real deal in rock music. The modern Led Zeppelin.

Metallica - The king of heavy/thrash metal. In their heyday, they're untouchables.

Guns N' Roses - America's last great rock-and-roll band. GNR's music is like a hybrid of Rolling Stones and Queen's.

Toad The Wet Sprocket - One of the best and underrated alternative folk rock bands in my opinion. A great band!

Nirvana - America's last great rock band. Legendary.

Honorable mention to The Black Crowes. I love their traditional rock-n-roll music.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1) the beatles

2) the beatles

3) the beatles

4) the beatles

5) the beatles

my top 3 are so much better than those man :rolleyes:

:P

and then Christer wakes up face down in a bowl of cornflakes and realises that he's been dreaming ;):lol: hows this, your top 3 might not have existed had the beatles not done what they did ;)

1) the beatles

2) the beatles

3) the beatles

4) the beatles

5) the beatles

and then Christer wakes up face down in a bowl of cornflakes and realises that he's been dreaming ;):lol: hows this, your top 3 might not have existed had the beatles not done what they did ;)

:lol:

why do you allways call me "Christer" :lol:

and yeah offcourse, The Beatles is like Jesus for rock n' roll, totally agree

1) the beatles

2) the beatles

3) the beatles

4) the beatles

5) the beatles

i dunno, i've always done that since a kid, just given people weird little names. it annoys the right people and amuses the right people. i guess its a way or remembering, who knows? i used to call you Christopher and that bothered you too, make your mind up!!!! :lol:

my favs? GNR, Aerosmith, Pearl Jam, Dire Straits and The Stones

Dire Straits aren't in the list so replace them with Led Zeppelin

1. Bob Dylan (how can he not be in your list?)

2. Bruce Springsteen

3. Guns N' Roses

4. The Rolling Stones

5. Pink Floyd

cuz he's not a group!

neither are Iggy and Springsteen but their bands are probably taken into account

1) the beatles

2) the beatles

3) the beatles

4) the beatles

5) the beatles

i dunno, i've always done that since a kid, just given people weird little names. it annoys the right people and amuses the right people. i guess its a way or remembering, who knows? i used to call you Christopher and that bothered you too, make your mind up!!!! :lol:

you know my real name actually IS "Christer"? :lol:

1) the beatles

2) the beatles

3) the beatles

4) the beatles

5) the beatles

seriously??? no it aint, Christer aint a name!! (is it?) i made it up!!! you cant say thats a name!!! its kinda like hulk hogan was the hulkster :lol:

1) the beatles

2) the beatles

3) the beatles

4) the beatles

5) the beatles

seriously??? no it aint, Christer aint a name!! (is it?) i made it up!!! you cant say thats a name!!! its kinda like hulk hogan was the hulkster :lol:

it is man :rofl-lol: I think its originaly from Sweden

2. Bruce Springsteen

3. Guns N' Roses

4. The Rolling Stones

5. Pink Floyd

cuz he's not a group!

neither are Iggy and Springsteen but their bands are probably taken into account

The topic starter, in his post, said "group/artist".

Bruce Springsteen has toured with and without a band backing him. The same goes for Bob Dylan.

1) the beatles

2) the beatles

3) the beatles

4) the beatles

5) the beatles

yeah nice try ;) i know americans have the trademark on stupidity but i aint buying that!

Edited by frankwhite

1) the beatles

2) the beatles

3) the beatles

4) the beatles

5) the beatles

yeah nice try ;) i know americans have the trademark on stupidity but i aint buying that!

im seriouse man!!! :lol:

My former username was "Christer_Axl"

I changed it to Chris cus it sounds much cooler in english

1) the beatles

2) the beatles

3) the beatles

4) the beatles

5) the beatles

im seriouse man!!! :lol:

My former username was "Christer_Axl"

I changed it to Chris cus it sounds much cooler in english

i just googled it, you're fucking right too!!! i look like a HUUUUUUUUGE dick now dont i? hmmm, oops :lol:

2. Bruce Springsteen

3. Guns N' Roses

4. The Rolling Stones

5. Pink Floyd

cuz he's not a group!

The topic starter, in his post, said "group/artist".

right

just noticed :)

1) the beatles

2) the beatles

3) the beatles

4) the beatles

5) the beatles

Is your name Christer Pher?

1) the beatles

2) the beatles

3) the beatles

4) the beatles

5) the beatles

Is your name Christer Pher?

no.

why? :lol: