Stone Temple Pilots

FunkyMonk

The more I listen to STP, the more I appreciate Robert DeLeo. His bass playing in all of STP's songs is just really first class. He's got a really rich and gorgeous tone, and his melodic basslines are always tasteful and always complement the songs perfectly. He especially shines on the more low-tempo stuff, like Interstate Love Song and Atlanta.

Dead DeLeo is just a really great, really versatile guitarist. The DeLeo's are very underrated.

Check out Army Of Anyone, if you haven't already, btw. They team up with Ray Luzier (who is just one of the best drummers I've ever heard) and Richard Patrick from Filter. Father Figure and A Better Place are my fav tracks, but the whole album is pretty cool.

Hell yes! Rob is an awesome player, he really does do a brilliant job on bass. Especially on Tiny Music, the more bass driven songs are the coolest songs on the album. He's very handy.

I was wondering about Army of Anyone too, so I think I'll check their album out. I have never heard of their singer...so I'm a bit wary of what he will sound like :huh:.

whoever mentioned it i LOVE that filter-take my picture song!!....I know you said hey man nice shot(never heard of it) but yeah, how does filter relate to STP?

The singer of Filter is in a band called Army of Anyone with the Deleo brothers from STP.

only like one of their songs and that song is plush.

It's a good one to like. I believe 20 years from now, that will still be considered one of the better songs to come from this time period.

I don't really like Plush at all :huh:.

It's a good one to like. I believe 20 years from now, that will still be considered one of the better songs to come from this time period.

Have to agree. It's the song that got them tagged by many as Pearl Jam wannabees. A very unfair tag if you listen to their excellent, diverse body of work...

Edited by Turn_It_Up

Have to agree. It's the song that got them tagged by many as Pearl Jam wannabees. A very unfair tag if you listen to their excellent, diverse body of work...

90's flashback! I almost forgot about the STP/Pearl Jam thing. Of course, once the acoustic version came out, it all died down. Great song. I don't care if it sounded like Pearl Jam or not. I dig/dug both bands. Those were the days.

The acoustic version of Plush is great (Scott's voice :wub:)

STP are really fantastic in an acoustic setting. I only ever listen to live acoustic versions of stuff like Plush and Interstate Love Song these days. They even do a really swinging acoustic version of Sex Type Thing - quite amazing considering how aggresive the song is.

The acoustic version of Plush is great (Scott's voice :wub: )

STP are really fantastic in an acoustic setting. I only ever listen to live acoustic versions of stuff like Plush and Interstate Love Song these days. They even do a really swinging acoustic version of Sex Type Thing - quite amazing considering how aggresive the song is.

There's an acoustic Interstate Love Song? :o Oh man I have to get my hands on that...the album version kind of gets too 'harsh' for me, acoustic would be sweeeeet.