MIXING FINISHED on my band's cover of Knockin'

I posted links to some songs my band Slightly-N-Toxicated recorded about a month ago. I just finished mixing our cover of Knockin' on Heaven's Door. I am also going to remix our original track, "Wicked Mind" for those of you who liked it, i'm going to add some effects to the drums, guitars, etc. Here's the link to the new studio version of Knockin' On Heaven's Door, hope you like it!!! I'm the singer so feedback would be great, thanks.

Here's the link:

Slightly-N-Toxicated - Knockin' on Heaven's Door (studio)

Does your name relate to the state that you were in when you recorded the song? :confused:

It has some good points, but you need to work on getting tighter as a band - and make sure you warm up before you sing. I don't know if that's it, but you have some good points with your vocals - but a lot of bad ones too.

I have no experience singing, and I can do better, work on the vocals bud, keep in key.

+ the solo is mixed too far in the back, and the guitar is too raw shall I say? I don't know, instead of using clean electric you should've used acoustic or something, the drums were my favorite part

The problem with the levels is that I had to try and strip down the original recording which was mixed horribly by a Jewish guy at my university. It was very hard even to get this track torn apart, I did it in Adobe Audition, it turned out 1000 times better than the first one. We put our faith in a man who has had major experience in the music industry but he failed us horribly. Anyway yeah I realize that it's just ok and that there is alot of problems with the track, rythym guitar too high, a few vocal mishaps, etc.

a few vocal mishaps

Ok, look - i'm an amateur vocalist (garage band level only) - but that was definately more than "a few" vocal mishaps. I don't mean to sound like a prick, but if you want your band to sound decent, you REALLY need to work on those vocals. I watched some of your older vids... and you sound like you're shredding your voice on the high notes, and on the low-mid range notes you're off key frequently.

Work out how to hit high notes without fucking your throat up (browser is better at explaining this)... you have to make the noise come out from higher up... like up in your head. At the moment you're singing too loudly and pushing your voice to hit the high notes (exactly what I used to do, couldn't last more than 15-20 minutes without hurting) and raping your vocal chords. Read up a bit and learn how to sing properly so you don't hurt yourself - you should be able to pick it up pretty quickly.

I had similar problems to you - I couldn't stay on key in my lower register and I used to scream the high notes and hurt myself. If you want, I can upload my old band's dodgy cover of KOHD from back when I had problems with my singing and you'll see what I mean.

BTW - i'm not a great singer or anything now, i've just learnt little bits and pieces. I'm still pretty average though.

a few vocal mishaps

Ok, look - i'm an amateur vocalist (garage band level only) - but that was definately more than "a few" vocal mishaps. I don't mean to sound like a prick, but if you want your band to sound decent, you REALLY need to work on those vocals. I watched some of your older vids... and you sound like you're shredding your voice on the high notes, and on the low-mid range notes you're off key frequently.

Work out how to hit high notes without fucking your throat up (browser is better at explaining this)... you have to make the noise come out from higher up... like up in your head. At the moment you're singing too loudly and pushing your voice to hit the high notes (exactly what I used to do, couldn't last more than 15-20 minutes without hurting) and raping your vocal chords. Read up a bit and learn how to sing properly so you don't hurt yourself - you should be able to pick it up pretty quickly.

I had similar problems to you - I couldn't stay on key in my lower register and I used to scream the high notes and hurt myself. If you want, I can upload my old band's dodgy cover of KOHD from back when I had problems with my singing and you'll see what I mean.

BTW - i'm not a great singer or anything now, i've just learnt little bits and pieces. I'm still pretty average though.

Upload it again! I dont have it on this computer. :ph34r: