Epiphone les paul standard

http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/epipho...ul-standard/870

any good. the price is better than my local shop. they want £400 at-least for one. and that is a total rip IMO

Yeah dude... they are good guitars, i have one in honeyburst and its gorgeous. But try and get a Korean made one and not a Chinese made one. The Korean ones are loads better. It will tell you on the back of the headstock what country it was made in. Another thing to check if its Korean made is also that the Korean ones USUALLY (not always) have the same tuning keys as the one on guitarampkeyboard.com... and the Chinese ones usually have the nickel ones. But that doesnt mean that ordering one one of guitarampkeyboard.com will be Korean, as the pic they have on there is the pic that is on most websites.

Hope u can understand all of that.

Edited by Slash Guitarist

epiphone les paul are good, you'll probably be better changing the pick ups at some point as thats the one thing i hear people complain about with epiphone, i have the les paul custom flame top and i like it

yer i took out the pickups they were terrible

I think im might look into changing mine too. Probably to seymour duncans

Change the pickups and tuners. Those ones that are made to look like Gibson deluxe ones blow asshole. But if you set up your guitar correctly, you can make it play fantastic. It still won't have that stiff neck feeling that Gibsons have to give it sustain, but it'll play pretty damn good.

whilst we're on the topic, are there an sites which show all the epiphone les paul colours?

270604.jpg

there are some, I'm sure you've already seen those ones though. :xmasschef2:

For the price, I'd say it's probably a great guitar, as for the color, it's not really my cup of tea.

I think the wood on standards looks tacky though, if I were you I'd save up for a custom. (I have one, the neck is amazing, the pickups are more then decent, and it looks really cool. :heart: )

They won't look exactly like that. It's quite a big difference between the finish on Gibson vs. Epiphone.

Epiphone are pretty decent guitars if you're a decent guitarpleyer. But when you get better you'll see that

an Epiphone probably won't do it for you. But it would be silly to buy a Gibson right away if you can't play

very good.

They won't look exactly like that. It's quite a big difference between the finish on Gibson vs. Epiphone.

Epiphone are pretty decent guitars if you're a decent guitarpleyer. But when you get better you'll see that

an Epiphone probably won't do it for you. But it would be silly to buy a Gibson right away if you can't play

very good.

I was posting for JDRM, I know there's a big difference haha. :tongue2:

whilst we're on the topic, are there an sites which show all the epiphone les paul colours?

270604.jpg

there are some, I'm sure you've already seen those ones though. :xmasschef2:

For the price, I'd say it's probably a great guitar, as for the color, it's not really my cup of tea.

I think the wood on standards looks tacky though, if I were you I'd save up for a custom. (I have one, the neck is amazing, the pickups are more then decent, and it looks really cool. :heart: )

Those are colours for the Gibson Les Paul Classic dude...... we are talking about Epiphone Standards :P

Edited by Slash Guitarist

well i got the music rising version(I'm charitable)

the graphic, which stands me out is really nice

the grover tuners are sensetive(very good for me, cause i like having that strong control)

for me, with heavy vibrato playing, double stop bends, the occasional iron man behind the nut bend, alternate picking and punchy rythm playing, it takes atleast an hour, maybe 2 to go noticably out of tune, otherwise tuning wise it's heaven ,the tuners are very tight

the tone is very bassy and creamy, a style that fits me perfectly, but if you want some different types, I usually use a boss distortion at the fuzz setting, with the lead pick up and bass tone

the eric clapton crossroads pedal will mold out the other tones you could want from a les paul(including accoustic)

my only problem is the 15th fret buzzes a little(not noticeable with distortion, but kills 15th fret bends, shouldn't have fucked with the tune o matic)

and the 1st fret on low E buzzes badly(considerably horribly), but that ok, cause i don't use that fret/string combination ever cept for an F chord, which i just use a simplified F,

still these problems vary from guitar to guitar since these particular(music risings) are hand made in some asian country

a side note, some one used too much finish on a fret space, but thats ok, doesn't affect the guitar

the grover tuners are sensetive(very good for me, cause i like having that strong control)

for me, with heavy vibrato playing, double stop bends, the occasional iron man behind the nut bend, alternate picking and punchy rythm playing, it takes atleast an hour, maybe 2 to go noticably out of tune, otherwise tuning wise it's heaven ,the tuners are very tight

the tone is very bassy and creamy, a style that fits me perfectly, but if you want some different types, I usually use a boss distortion at the fuzz setting, with the lead pick up and bass tone

the eric clapton crossroads pedal will mold out the other tones you could want from a les paul(including accoustic)

my only problem is the 15th fret buzzes a little(not noticeable with distortion, but kills 15th fret bends, shouldn't have fucked with the tune o matic)

and the 1st fret on low E buzzes badly(considerably horribly), but that ok, cause i don't use that fret/string combination ever cept for an F chord, which i just use a simplified F,

still these problems vary from guitar to guitar since these particular(music risings) are hand made in some asian country

a side note, some one used too much finish on a fret space, but thats ok, doesn't affect the guitar

The 4th fret on the high E string buzzes quite badly, but not too noticable with distortion.

If I encoded the Code on my gutiar right, it was built in Korea (Sae In) in December 1996, which could be possible, because I bought mine from a work mate of my father. I paid like 350 Dollar, but it's in very good condition.

I think it's a very good guitar, I mean, I started playing guitar like 3 months ago, so I'm no Slash, but I think it's good to play, or at least enough good for me. :P

I bought my Epiphone Les Paul Standard around a year and a half ago, plays like a Gibson, looks beautiful, has Les Paul sound, and I bought it for $600. It was worth it!

Obviously, you have never played a Gibson.

The 4th fret on the high E string buzzes quite badly, but not too noticable with distortion.

it's a maker defect,

I think, that they hand make these to specifications but don't actually test them

the testers themselves play a frew chords but don't play the whole neck

it's ok, cause the defects aren't always so noticable

serves me well, i played a gold top(1960's model), and while the gold top had better tone, I was more comfortable on my own guitar,

Epis aren't bad. You can make it play NEAR a Gibson...playability wise, but Gibsons use better wood and have a WAY better feeling while playing them. As for the fret buzz, If you know anything about dressing and setting up, you can make it fine. Epi serial numbers are lax at best for those of you who are trying to tell btw.