Blind Melon

jimmyslash

only ever heard the first album, thought they were fucking incredible. still do.

Check out Soup, and then Nico (Nico being a compilation album of outtakes released after Shannon's death - it's dedicated to his daughter Nico Blue (who is named after Christa Päffgen), which explains the title). You'll really like them.

Edited by LCG

only ever heard the first album, thought they were fucking incredible. still do.

Check out Soup, and then Nico (Nico being a compilation album of outtakes released after Shannon's death - it's dedicated to his daughter Nico Blue (who is named after Christa Päffgen), which explains the title). You'll really like them.

im actually on the look out for Soup, thanx :):):) cuz im obssessed with that debut. almost afraid to listen to any other of their stuffs in case it aint as good :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

^ Soup takes a few listens to sink in, but I actually ended up liking it more than their debut.

New song Sometimes and new video on their myspace. Sometimes is my least favorite of the new songs, but it's still pretty cool. Now that we've heard 5 songs, I wonder which of them actually makes the final album cut. Also, I don't think they have a record deal yet. They are announcing tour dates though, progress is undeniable.

Does anyone have an MP3 of "for my friends"? It's not on the myspace page anymore.

Blind Melon is going to be playing close by, & tickets are only 10 bucks. Should I go?

Yes!!!!!!!! Do go!!!!

And here's For My Friends (in FLAC ;))

http://download.yousendit.com/2275E7C958F937B6

Thanks for the tune!!! I'll be trying to persuade the wife to get a day off work so we can go to the show.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I admit I was very skeptical at first and didn't even want to give the new singer and songs a fair shot. Then I ran across a torrent of the Chicago show about a week ago and it completely blew me away. The band sounds tight as ever.

According to an announcement during the show, the album will be out no later than Feb although they're shooting for January.

Here's the page with the torrent if anyone wants it-it's in FLAC and the crowd's singing is a bit loud, but it's way better that the quality of sound on 90% of GN'R shows. Enjoy!

http://bt.etree.org/details.php?id=510368

Edited by bax

• 1 month later...

I love Blind Melon. Old and new.

I saw them live in NYC in october and it was the best show I have seen. (I was too young to see them with Shannon).

I understand that some people feel like they shouldn't have used the name Blind Melon and all that but like Glen Graham said. "If you lose an arm,do you change your name"

Give them a chance!

Travis does an amazing job as the bands new lead singer and their new songs are really good. He's also a huge Shannon fan and they honor Shannon every time they play. Shannon will never be forgotten among fans or the band.

You can listen to a few of their new songs here - http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea...iendid=95911507

Edited by J.T