1970's/1980's/early 90's music

Maddy158

Guest Ohdistortedsmile1789
i mean now its like rap rap , i mean cmon those assholes have no talent , there producers r the one's doing everything

So?

Meh, time periods. I think some of the trends in rock n roll during the 70's and 60's were cool but really, pop culture wasnt very different as a whole back then. Disco and 70's pop were our hip hop and indie rock. In the 90's, there were boy bands and pop princeses like Britney and Xtina, theres always been some bullshit trend on the surface of pop culture that changes but the bottom line is that they are all just bullshit trends to rock listeners. If a rocker from our time who bitches about Fall out Boy and 50 Cent went back to the 70's to experience Zeppelin, theyd be bitching about the Bee Gees and shit.

But yeah, the rock in the 60's and 70's was great. I wouldnt say the music industry itself was any better though

Disagree.

there was as much crap then as there is now, they just don't play the crap as much anymore. I don't find a lot well with the 70s as far as popular music goes. There are few bands that I like. There's a lot of really good stuff in the 80s and 60s, but, like I said, a lot of crap too.

There's still good music today, you're just too much of a whiny dipshit to go find it.

And you're an dumb little moron who doesn't get the point of this thread.

You're just an asshole, end of.

i mean now its like rap rap , i mean cmon those assholes have no talent , there producers r the one's doing everything

Now it isn't just rap rap, or whatever the fuck that is, i stated very clearly that there's still good music in the making, and that he's too much of an idiot to go find it, so, blatantly i have a very clear understanding of this thread, now get you're head out of you're ass.

Edited by damian 1200

Meh, time periods. I think some of the trends in rock n roll during the 70's and 60's were cool but really, pop culture wasnt very different as a whole back then. Disco and 70's pop were our hip hop and indie rock. In the 90's, there were boy bands and pop princeses like Britney and Xtina, theres always been some bullshit trend on the surface of pop culture that changes but the bottom line is that they are all just bullshit trends to rock listeners. If a rocker from our time who bitches about Fall out Boy and 50 Cent went back to the 70's to experience Zeppelin, theyd be bitching about the Bee Gees and shit.

But yeah, the rock in the 60's and 70's was great. I wouldnt say the music industry itself was any better though

At least the Bee Gees were good...

I like the 80s (USA started recognizing all country's music ,and said it's OK to like it !) it was an ! of the 60s and 70s , and it pretty much played itself out , then everybody stood around looking at each other and said "Now What"?

One dude must have been at that conversation , and was screwing around with a turntable (aka record player , phonograph) and the rest is history.

I didn't care for the 90s.Well , nothing new , anyway , IMO not too much classic material came out then.I just like some of the material from the "old timers" that was put out in the 90s. I will say the current decade is improving , so hopefully for me things will get better , and Rap will finally fizzle out , my god , how much can you do with one fucking song , that you just keep changing the lyrics to .... OVER AND OVER ....

In all fairness to the 90s , rock became so overshadowed by the hip hop/rap , so a lot of talent that was out there could not get recognized because of the lack of demand.A lot of people put down the guitars and bought a computer to make music , and it took the life out of rock , and what it was. Bands like Nirvana , Pearl Jam , Creed , STP , were not enough to keep the kids interested in rock.If there were a lot more of them , things would have been a lot different...IMO. .............signed ,,,, I. Hate Rapp

PS - broaden my horizon ? If you don't like rap or Hip Hop , you don't have a horizon.

Edited by Getizzyback