Throwing together a setlist

ok, here's what I need some help with, me, and my friends have thrown together a band, and we have abouut a months worth of 1-2 a week practices to get together something managable

so far, we're building a setlist cause we're in trouble otherwise, ideally, we need easy stuff:

Set So Far:

Let Me Roll It(wings)

Helter Skelter(beatles)

Jam(blues)

(origonal song)

Paranoid(Sabbath)

(origonal)

Serenity(Godsmack)

(cover)

Jam(metal-death/thrash)

(origonal)

(Cover)

(cover)

Closing Cover/Encore

any suggestions?we need some real easy stuff

Edited by Bucketslash

14 Years, my band always gets a good reception from it

easier on the drummer, the bassist I gotta teach to play bass, and matt sorum has some complicated fills

the guitar isn't the problem, it's more bass and drums I need to be lenient with, cause it's the drummer's first band

14 Years, my band always gets a good reception from it

easier on the drummer, the bassist I gotta teach to play bass, and matt sorum has some complicated fills

the guitar isn't the problem, it's more bass and drums I need to be lenient with, cause it's the drummer's first band

Understood

Try Four Kicks by Kings of Leon. It's a fun song to play with lots of energy, the bass and drums are relatively simple

My Sharona seems pretty easy. You could also use KOHD. That's a song EVERYONE knows, and you're guaranteed to get a reception. I'd use that to close the set before the encore IMO.

I'd also suggest adding another original or two. You've got a few in there, but it is VERY cover-heavy, and I think originals would do ya good.

A month to practise 10+ songs? With a bassist that doesn't know how to play bass?

Okay. Knocking on heavens door, as said previously. Patience for an accoustic thingy maybe or used to love her. Smells like teen spirit is also a piss easy song easily played which many know. Simple solo. You could also try Seven nation army too.

• 2 weeks later...
A month to practise 10+ songs? With a bassist that doesn't know how to play bass?

Okay. Knocking on heavens door, as said previously. Patience for an accoustic thingy maybe or used to love her. Smells like teen spirit is also a piss easy song easily played which many know. Simple solo. You could also try Seven nation army too.

me and a few friends of mine have only 'til tomorrow to practice My Michelle, A Tout Le Monde, maybe Mr.Brownstone, and Paradise City with a bassist who doesn't know the songs.. but he still knows how to play bass and the hardest part, is for the lead guitarist and he knows all the songs except Mr.Brownstone therefore that song is on the maybe list...