First Smashing Pumpkins show since 2000

Estranged Reality

By the way - notice how Billy introduces the song and notes that it's from their new, upcoming album? He doesn't just start right into the song and neglect to mention that it's new, what the title is or that it's from an album coming out?

This is how Axl should introduce all the new GN'R songs - Billy has it right.

I'm impressed by the set list. I wasn't expecting Corgan to play as many classic songs as he did. It seems as though he's making a real effort to appease the fans. There seems to be a terrific mix of the new material and a lot of what made Smashing Pumpkins a gem of the 90's..

Paris, May 22, 2007:

'United States'

'Today'

'Stand Inside Your Love'

'Doomsday Clock'

'Home'

'Hummer'

'Starz'

'Tarantula'

'Bullet With Butterfly Wings'

'For God And Country'

'Thirty-Three'

'Mayonnaise'

'Winterlong'

'Glass & The Ghost Children'

'Cherub Rock'

'1979'

'Tonight, Tonight'

'Neverlost'

'That's The Way (My Love Is)'

'Disarm'

'Zero'

'Shame'

'Silverfuck/The End'

'Annie-Dog'

'Muzzle'

I know a lot of people were skeptical of how Corgan would manage this 'revival'. Admittedly, I'm still not impressed by his decision to bring in a faux-James and faux-D'arcy, but I think he's handling everything with relative care. The new material sounds really promising..

-Kickingthehabit

i dont see what the big deal is.

first off, i dont like them, so there's that.

secondly, they broke up in 2000. so they haven't played a show in 7 YEARS. whooopty fucking doooo!!!

i dont really like the police, but a reunion tour is at least warranted b/c they've been gone for like 20+ years, dig? the smashing pumpkins getting back after 7 years just seems more like a hiatus. totally lame. cash cow.

also, wasn't that "band" just b.corgan and his drummer? wouldnt that make any b.corgan song a smashing pumpkins song?

didnt all the songs he wrote by himself since the smashing pumpkins suck really badly?

fuck it.

i dont see what the big deal is.

first off, i dont like them, so there's that.

secondly, they broke up in 2000. so they haven't played a show in 7 YEARS. whooopty fucking doooo!!!

i dont really like the police, but a reunion tour is at least warranted b/c they've been gone for like 20+ years, dig? the smashing pumpkins getting back after 7 years just seems more like a hiatus. totally lame. cash cow.

also, wasn't that "band" just b.corgan and his drummer? wouldnt that make any b.corgan song a smashing pumpkins song?

didnt all the songs he wrote by himself since the smashing pumpkins suck really badly?

fuck it.

He pretty much wrote all the smashing pumpkins songs by himself anyway, so whats your point?

By teh way who the fuck is in the band???

I'm impressed by the set list. I wasn't expecting Corgan to play as many classic songs as he did. It seems as though he's making a real effort to appease the fans. There seems to be a terrific mix of the new material and a lot of what made Smashing Pumpkins a gem of the 90's..

Paris, May 22, 2007:

'United States'

'Today'

'Stand Inside Your Love'

'Doomsday Clock'

'Home'

'Hummer'

'Starz'

'Tarantula'

'Bullet With Butterfly Wings'

'For God And Country'

'Thirty-Three'

'Mayonnaise'

'Winterlong'

'Glass & The Ghost Children'

'Cherub Rock'

'1979'

'Tonight, Tonight'

'Neverlost'

'That's The Way (My Love Is)'

'Disarm'

'Zero'

'Shame'

'Silverfuck/The End'

'Annie-Dog'

'Muzzle'

I know a lot of people were skeptical of how Corgan would manage this 'revival'. Admittedly, I'm still not impressed by his decision to bring in a faux-James and faux-D'arcy, but I think he's handling everything with relative care. The new material sounds really promising..

-Kickingthehabit

Great set list!