Black Label Society

DCGNR

Just recently got a hold of a few tunes and am really impressed. Sounds like Lynard Skynard meets Metallica or something

Any fans here - I see they've got a few albums out there - any recommendations on which to start with?

Thanks a lot

Best beginner album?

IMO: Mafia

Mafia is an ok album, but many of the songs have similar riffs. The Blessed Hellride on the other hand, is a fucking solid album, that can be heard start to finish.

I'd go with Hellride.

This seems to be the consensus - I'll give it a shot

I really want to hear Hangover Music, but I can't seem to find it anywhere. Seems good to hang out and just relax to it from what I've read...

It's a great album for hanging out, and just listening to.

I think Zakk said something on the lines of, Hellride being made for having a party, and getting all fucked up, but when your hung over the next day, it's the album to listen to. He also compared it to GN'R Lies, as it was a collection of songs he put together, so the fans would have something to listen to as he made his next studio album.

Sounds like Lynard Skynard meets Metallica or something

You should try Corrosion of Conformity if you wanna hear something like that.

I like BLS, but not as much as I used to. Zakk's solos bore the shit out of me, a couple of bends to start with, ultimate shredding, bend and a harmonic. Pretty much every solo is like that. The songs aren't that complex either, the build starts to bore you.

Hangover is my favorite record and 1919 Eternal after that.

Never heard them but they're playing with Ozzy in Wembley next month and im going. Zakks the guitarist in both bands, that's a long show for him.

He does that quiet often too. Workaholic.

BLS are far better live than Ozzy. I can't get into Ozzy live as he uses a backing tape for his vocals nowadays.