Sanjaya with Joe Perry

Zint

Did any of you see this??

link

What a load of crap,it was painful to watch...literally squirming.

Another one of of my rock gods falls from grace...too bad.

What a shame that rock and roll is reduced to these standards.

TIU...don't even try to defend this one!! :tongue2:

Guest Ohdistortedsmile1789

link

That really sounds a bit naive.

It was supposed to be a joke, because everyone knows not to take Sanjaya seriously.

Why are you getting your panties in a twist over it? :huh:

EDIT: Watched Sgt Pepper - what was wrong with it? I'm no Idol fan, but Kelly Clarkson clearly has an awesome voice... so where was the problem?

link

Oh really...the all knowing superior authority on music calls someone naive,imagine that.

I have a reply,but I'll wait until you explain further.

The only naive element about this thread so far is the belief that the Perry/Sanjaya duet was meant as a joke (I missed the press release on that one).

If anyone thinks Joe Perry's motivation for being there was to have a giggle with Sanjaya you are seriously blinded to the truth.

Haha, that opening with the likes of MLK and Kennedy and then transitioning to Sanjaya was pretty funny!

But Zint, Sanjaya is your boy if I recall. I never woulda put the kid past the audition round. Him or his sis.

The worst part(besides his truly awful singing) is when he shouts out "Joe Perry everyone!" or something like that. As though Sanjaya ever woulda known who JP was before that night. :xmassrudolph:

I tell ya though, if I was an agent/promoter, I could pimp a pile of money off that kid over the next few years by playing the cards right. Have him host some pre-pubescent kids show on Nickelodeon, put out an ultra cheesy teeny-bob cover album ala David Cassidy or Bobby Sherman, put him on an extended mall singing tour that would make both Tiffany and Debbie Gibson dizzy with envy, etc. You could make a small fortune before the kid's audience grows up enuff to realize the true horror of it all.

If William Hung raked in a couple Mil off his one-shot IDOL fame, I could pimp this kid hard enuff to put us all in mansions and maybe even have enuff left over to buy Funral every VR cd version AND a dictionary...

Edited by Turn_It_Up

I tell ya though, if I was an agent/promoter, I could pimp a pile of money off that kid over the next few years by playing the cards right. Have him host some pre-pubescent kids show on Nickelodeon, put out an ultra cheesy teeny-bob cover album ala David Cassidy or Bobby Sherman, put him on an extended mall singing tour that would make both Tiffany and Debbie Gibson dizzy with envy, etc. You could make a small fortune before the kid's audience grows up enuff to realize the true horror of it all.

If William Hung raked in a couple Mil off his one-shot IDOL fame, I could pimp this kid hard enuff to put us all in mansions and maybe even have enuff left over to buy Funral every VR cd version AND a dictionary...

You just nailed the essence of American Idol that's eluded you for so long (and everything that was wrong about Joe Perry participating in that mess)....thank you.

And yes...Sanjaya was my boy to win,but you neglected to post the reasons why.

I would have thoroughly enjoyed seeing Sanjaya win,thus blowing the lid off the farce that show is once and for all.

Edited by zint61

Watched Sgt Pepper - what was wrong with it? I'm no Idol fan, but Kelly Clarkson clearly has an awesome voice... so where was the problem?

I thought Joe Perry with Sanjaya was a fine joke, but Joe Perry with Kelly Clarkson only left me wondering why she was performing again. I don't care for her, frankly.

The only naive element about this thread so far is the belief that the Perry/Sanjaya duet was meant as a joke (I missed the press release on that one).

If anyone thinks Joe Perry's motivation for being there was to have a giggle with Sanjaya you are seriously blinded to the truth.

I don't know what Joe Perry's motivation was, but the producers definitely meant it as a joke. Didn't you catch the video they played just before the performance? The whole thing was like a parody of the show.

Guest Ohdistortedsmile1789

link

Oh really...the all knowing superior authority on music calls someone naive,imagine that.

I have a reply,but I'll wait until you explain further.

I just don't think you should be surprised at how far a member of Aerosmith will go for more fame and money.