Any fans of Ratt?

Guest Yanni_16

Guest Yanni_16

Call hair metal cheesy, dated, and lame all you want, but one of the bands to emerge from this genre that I think gets overlooked because they were part of the whole spandex, make-up thing is Ratt. Their lyrics were never really insightful or clever (they pretty much were always filled with sexual innuendo with the chorus wasjust repeating the title of the song), but they knew how to rock and had a unique flair to them. Stephen Pearcy had one of those distinct voices, and the combo or Robbin Crosby and Warren De Martini made for some truly awesome riffs, with the latter of the two being very underrated. For anyone who wants to see what I'm talking about, I recommend picking up "Out of the Cellar" or one of their best of compilations. They are reuniting this year to play some shows, but unfortunately not with all five original members as Crosby died in 2002 due to a heroin overdose.

Dokken owns Ratt.

That's like saying a heavy spanking owns sadomasochism. They both suck and I wouldn't want to brag about being subjected to either.

... IMO. :confused:

Right on. There's a line at the end of the movie " Waiting" where the kid yells at Van Wilder and says : " We get it, you're the coolest dude at Shananiganz -which is kinda like being the smartest guy with Down Syndrome " That would apply here as well -

Dokken owns Ratt.

That's like saying a heavy spanking owns sadomasochism. They both suck and I wouldn't want to brag about being subjected to either.

Meh, seeing some of the bands you promote on here, I wouldn't be bragging either.

Dokken owns Ratt.

Meh, seeing some of the bands you promote on here, I wouldn't be bragging either.

You should have told me that based on the bands I promote on here, I shouldn't be bragging to begin with. But saying "I wouldn't be bragging either" really doesn't make sense because it places the emphasis on yourself...? :question:

Anyway, which bands would those be?

Dokken owns Ratt.

That's funny , just so happens Juan C (last name can't remember how to spell and Ratt's original bass player) played

bass for Dokken on their "Breaking the Chains" album , he left to go to Ratt , and then Jeff Pilson joined Dokken soon after.

How can anyone not think Ratt don't kick ass?

Man you NEGATIVE and NIRWANNY people are WEIRD!

OH WELL , I got the collection , and it don't sit on my shelf collecting dust , so that's all that really matters to me.

Good band. Out of the Cellar kicks ass.

By the way, I think Crosby died of AIDS.

he had AIDS, but he died of a heroin overdose. he also battled a severe case of depression.

put me in the pro-Ratt camp. i dig all of their albums except for "Detonator".

"Out Of The Cellar" is a great album. there's no cure for cancer in their lyrics, but they were a fun band and that's all they ever claimed to be.