making my account private

P.A. Guns

ok so someone in my household had to be a prick and downgraded most of my music to 96kbps...and the rest is below 128, which is the cutoff point for me. damn this shit. how can i make my account not accessible by other accounts on this computer. it used to be this way, but my sister made me change it :(. i use windows xp

Edited by P.A. Guns

Well, you could try going to your control panel and putting a password on your account (unless other people know your password, it should be private). But if you have a limited account, try going to the administrater's (sp?) account and change your account from limited back to a normal, buy using their control panel.

Sorry if this is worded badly...

i know what you mean. my account is already on a password, but that doesnt really help because for some reason, you can still access things through documents and settings. plus, all the accounts on this computer are marked as admins.

Edited by P.A. Guns

Easy done.

My Computer ---> C: ---> Documents and Settings

Then Right-Click the folder with your login name on it. Click "Properties", then the "Sharing tab", then tick the box that says "Make this folder private", then Apply and OK.

Be warned though, this can take a few minutes and your computer will be really slow while it's applying the folder permissions.