Rihanna - Umbrella

Classic_Rock

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Ohdistortedsmile1789
Yep - I do love this song ^_^

I'm partial to some PROPER R&B. There's not a right lot of it around at the moment.

The original term has been hi-jacked and replaced with something terrible :no:

xDSGx

The term was bullshit in the first place, just a name for black music after whites commandeered Rock and Roll. What they've been calling R&B recently is just Pop from black artists.

• 1 month later...

I honestly don't know what people see in this song. It's completely forgettable, the rapping at the beginning doesn't really work with the rest of the song, and I don't see Rihanna's voice as all that different from listening to nails on a chalkboard, to be blunt. :question:

Edited by nameless_girl

I honestly don't know what people see in this song. It's completely forgettable, the rapping at the beginning doesn't really work with the rest of the song, and I don't see Rihanna's voice as all that different from listening to nails on a chalkboard, to be blunt. :question:

Actually, I think Rhianna's voice would do good in a rock band. I hope she sees this and tries to explore a little.

lol, some of you guys are in denial.

not exactly my type of music but ive got to hand it to her, umbrella really is a good song.

if some of you guys cant enjoy it, your loss.

I think a lot of people just go with the crowd on these things. If a lot of people are saying it sucks they'll agree, if a lot of people are saying its good they'll agree. Personnally i dont usually like that style of music but as i already said, i like this song. Not to mention Rihanna isnt too bad herself :)

lol, some of you guys are in denial.

not exactly my type of music but ive got to hand it to her, umbrella really is a good song.

if some of you guys cant enjoy it, your loss.

I think a lot of people just go with the crowd on these things. If a lot of people are saying it sucks they'll agree, if a lot of people are saying its good they'll agree. Personnally i dont usually like that style of music but as i already said, i like this song. Not to mention Rihanna isnt too bad herself :)

To those people's credit, Rhianna's new song, "Shut Up and Drive" sucks.

I don't mind Rihanna. She does sound different that all the other poptarts out there right now. Plus she's so fucking sexy. Umbrella's alright. Here's a video montage set to her new song Breakin' Dishes http://youtube.com/watch?v=5HVJg0WCBHI and here's her currently single Shut Up and Drive http://youtube.com/watch?v=MgrgvN0EIWo and another video momnatage featuring Please Don't Stop the Music http://youtube.com/watch?v=Dk8NQB_T1ws Say what you want about her but all these songs mentioned are massive hits in the clubs and that's basically what this music is for so...

but yeah she's hot.

Edited by Dream Sequence

It's a no from me :no:

Pity

I don`t know myself what has happened to me and why I liked that song... :question:

there is nothing bad in liking it, whatever other think, when you like it, that's it...

Don't be ashamed, I like that new Shakira song where she is with purple hair

:ph34r:

What I dont understand is why is it, when someone posts a slightly 'emo' band, everyone goes ballistic over how emo they are and how emo bands are shit because theyre all pussy rock n shiz, but when someone posts some rnb chavvy stuff people are like 'yeah it's got great lyrics' and stuff.. I just dont get it - at least emo music is real music, whereas dance/rnb is like electronic n stuff?

What I dont understand is why is it, when someone posts a slightly 'emo' band, everyone goes ballistic over how emo they are and how emo bands are shit because theyre all pussy rock n shiz, but when someone posts some rnb chavvy stuff people are like 'yeah it's got great lyrics' and stuff.. I just dont get it - at least emo music is real music, whereas dance/rnb is like electronic n stuff?

Why do you assume only 'chavvy people' like RNB? And who are you to define 'real music?'

Guest Ohdistortedsmile1789

I love "Umbrella". I was a huge fan of "S.O.S.", but this tops it. It's just got it all. It's danceable, has a nice theme going for it, and the chorus is catchy as all hell. It's the anthem for this summer. I like Rihanna's voice and her looks. She's a convincing performer.

And please fuck off with that "chavvy" shit. Most people don't even know what the fuck that means.