Pour Some Sugar On Me by Def Lepard

Carne_asaDA

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

C'mon man........what good came out of the 80's besides GnR, NWA, and Public Enemy???

Well , you got a minute..........................................................................

AC/DC (Brian Johnson Era)

Motley Crue

Cinderella

Tesla

Dokken

Warrant

L.A.Guns

W.A.S.P.

Metallica

Autograph

Ratt

Mr. Big

Quiet Riot

Herricane Alice

Trixter

White Lion

Winger

Joan Jett and the Blackhearts

Great White

Firehouse

Poison

The Outfield

Twisted Sister (made it in '80s)

Lita Ford

Europe

Bon Jovi

Slaughter

The Scorpions

Helix

Krokus

Slammin Sammy Hagar

Van Halen (late 70s , and the Hagar era)

Whitesnake

Extreme

Badlands (Jake E Lee's group)

Vixen

Rick Springfield

Megadeath

Iron Maiden

... (to name a few

Oh yea , I almost forgot

DEF LEPPARD!!!!!!!!!!

Who the hell is Public Enemy , like a 2LIVE Crew?

Who ? NWA , WTF? (Not Winning Anything?)

Winger, Warrant and Poison? Come on :no: Probably the three worst bands in history of music.

Dude you haven't posted a positive comment on this forum since you've started here , I really don't know what you have against these rock bands , pretty sad , your opinions suck.

C'mon man........what good came out of the 80's besides GnR, NWA, and Public Enemy???

Well , you got a minute..........................................................................

Motley Crue

Cinderella

Tesla

Dokken

Warrant

L.A.Guns

W.A.S.P.

Metallica

Autograph

Ratt

Mr. Big

Quiet Riot

Herricane Alice

Trixter

White Lion

Winger

Great White

Firehouse

Poison

The Outfield

Lita Ford

Europe

Bon Jovi

Slaughter

The Scorpions

Helix

Krokus

Slammin Sammy Hagar

Whitesnake

Extreme

Vixen

Rick Springfield

Megadeath

Iron Maiden

... (to name a few

Oh yea , I almost forgot

DEF LEPPARD!!!!!!!!!!

Who the hell is Public Enemy , like a 2LIVE Crew?

Who ? NWA , WTF? (Not Winning Anything?)

Let me ask this question again.....

What "GOOD" bands came out of the 80's????

Good means an influential contribution to music.

It does not mean music that reminds you of back in the day, when mullets were cool, when you used to spend your friday and saturday nights at 7-Eleven on the Donkey Kong game, backwards skating with a chick who's hair is harder than a rock at the local skating rink.

Most of the 80's music is a parody. And that includes about 95% of all the bands that you mentioned.

What the fuck do you know about the 80s? According to your profile you were 3 when Metal Health came out! You got something against the best music era ever? OK , you don't like it , so fucking what , I can only imagine what you do like , and why you like Guns N' Roses , is beyond me , they are an 80s group too , probally not even close to anything else you "might" like. Public Enemy , what a piece of shit! Try Public Enemy #1 by The Crue , now that's music , didn't even use a computer to record back then.Damn , can you believe that!

If nothing else, THE definitive strip joint tune. Gotta be the most overplayed at fine Gentlemen's Club establishments everywhere. Errr, at least that's what I'm told by others... :xmassrudolph: :rofl-lol:

Axl must hear it in his sleep I'm guessing...

Edited by Turn_It_Up

Public Enemy , what a piece of shit!

Are you serious?

Public Enemy is one of the most important and influential hip hop groups of all time. While most 80's bands were parading stereotypical white masculinity to please radio programmers and record labels, Public Enemy released the first socio-political rap album that remains uncontested in quality to this day. Rather than sing about "Girls, Girls, Girls", they shifted their focus to civil rights and social activism, pioneering a variation of hardcore rap that was musically and politically revolutionary. They had such an impact on music that Rolling Stone magazine included them as one of the 100 Greatest Artists of All Time..

Bands like Poison and Warrant shouldn't be spoken in the same breath as Public Enemy..

-Kickingthehabit

Motley Crue

Cinderella

Tesla

Dokken

Warrant

L.A.Guns

W.A.S.P.

Metallica

Autograph

Ratt

Mr. Big

Quiet Riot

Herricane Alice

Trixter

White Lion

Winger

Great White

Firehouse

Poison

The Outfield

Lita Ford

Europe

Bon Jovi

Slaughter

The Scorpions

Helix

Krokus

Slammin Sammy Hagar

Whitesnake

Extreme

Vixen

Rick Springfield

Megadeath

Iron Maiden

... (to name a few

Oh yea , I almost forgot

DEF LEPPARD!!!!!!!!!!

Ummmmmm you just proved da illest's point

Dude you haven't posted a positive comment on this forum since you've started here , I really don't know what you have against these rock bands , pretty sad , your opinions suck.

Come on, Autograph as one of the best bands to come out of the 80s? You've got to be kidding me.

rawer production can do miracles

:rolleyes: I seriously hope you're not trying to say that production makes a power chord mashing silly ass solo piece of stank sound different to the uniqueness and complicity of Mr. Brownstone, Sweet Child O' Mine, Dust N' Bones etc.

Winger, Warrant and Poison? Come on :no: Probably the three worst bands in history of music.

I thought Nirvana held that title. :question:

:rofl-lol: Well played

Hey if he's gonna be a prick about the music I like, vice versa.

I think Nirvana are "okay" at best, I never saw the big deal about them. Why are they greater than Pearl Jam? (Who I really like!)

Lithium, man, no disrespect but I think you must have very little humour in your life.

I base this on two things, you like Nirvana and every post you make is an insult towards someone.

Hair Metal and the bands within never set out to be the next Led Zeppelin, or as talented as Rush.

It's feel good music, and they can laugh at themselves, it's mean to be cheesy.

You may think their music "Sucks" but there is no denying that the songs are catchy as hell.

I can't think of one Nirvana song that is catchy, and that's including Teen Spirit.

Though credit where credit's due, Come As You Are is an awesome riff.

I think Nirvana are "okay" at best, I never saw the big deal about them. Why are they greater than Pearl Jam? (Who I really like!)

Lithium, man, no disrespect but I think you must have very little humour in your life.

I base this on two things, you like Nirvana and every post you make is an insult towards someone.

Hair Metal and the bands within never set out to be the next Led Zeppelin, or as talented as Rush.

You may think their music "Sucks" but there is no denying that the songs are catchy as hell.

I can't think of one Nirvana song that is catchy, and that's including Teen Spirit.

I totally agree.

I find Nirvana hideously overrated. Not saying they didn't have some alright songs, but they don't deserve to be worshipped like gods, IMO

Word.

I don't care what you say about hair metal, it's not good music - all the lyrics are cheesy love stories, the musicians suck (with the exeption of a handful of guitarists) and the music was overall produced for teenage girls.

Pearl Jam is a great band, no doubt about that, but I think most of their songs are a bit too alike each other, even though Ten and Vs. are amazing albums, which I think should have a place in any rock-fan's record-collection.

I have a lot of humour in my life, just because I like grunge - a genre filled with depressing and morbid lyrics, doesn't mean I'm not a happy person.

I can't really agree with you on the insult-part, though.

I am really sick and tired of catchy choruses and all that, you can hear it absolutely everywhere all the time. I'd rather listen to music that isn't as commercial and the same as everything in the mainstream scene.

Ah, I'll have to more or less agree with the people impugning the 80s here. A great part of that era was easy-going, catchy tomfoolery, and I'll be the first to admit that dancing to that kind of thing in clubs can make for marvelous entertainment, but you've got to draw the line somewhere. More precisely, when it comes to bands like Def Leppard or Poison... no, just NO. :tongue2:

Ah, I'll have to more or less agree with the people impugning the 80s here. A great part of that era was easy-going, catchy tomfoolery, and I'll be the first to admit that dancing to that kind of thing in clubs can make for marvelous entertainment, but you've got to draw the line somewhere. More precisely, when it comes to bands like Def Leppard or Poison... no, just NO. :tongue2:

Why can't we be friends? Why can't we be friends? Why can't we be friends?

'nuff said love :-P

And Lithium, I can see how you think Poison suck - it took me a while to get into them, but to be fair I only had Crack a Smile and Native Tongue - the period where Bret Michaels tried to turn them into a country band - ugh.

And what's not to love about Warrant? Hah.

Edited by Binge_And_Slash

My least favorite def leppard song.

they have much better songs

and Lithium, Wasnt Nirvana a huge commercial band??? I wouldnt say they are underground.

I dont see why you waste so much time bashing these bands. theres ALOT of bands people discuss on this forum I dont like, BUT I dont waste my time going in and bashing them.

as far as musicianship goes, THe 80s bands had Great musicianship all around. I dont say how you can say they didnt. I can think of tons of bands with good guitarists.

better musicians than grunge (with the exception of AIC, cantrell is a god on guitar)

Not all lyrics need to be serious. I love grunge personally, But I cant listen to that stuff all the time, Just like I cant listen to hair metals lyrics about Sex etc. all the time

No need to bash man....

Edited by gunsnmotley

btw. warrant are pretty bad.

heres my fave 80s bands

Motley crue

Ratt

Dokken

Poison

Cinderella

Def leppard

Quiet riot

Skid Row

Guns n roses

L.A. Guns

Faster pussycat

Twisted Sister

Van Halen

W.A.S.P.

Im into the heavier/more sleazy 80s bands than the more commercial stuff like warrant.

Edited by gunsnmotley

Why can't we be friends? Why can't we be friends? Why can't we be friends?

'nuff said love :-P

Hah. That's different! :cry: