sebastian bach singing Man in the box with AIC!

gunsnmotley

Oh my god. That was unspeakably bad.

I know I rag on Bach a lot - but I actually expected this to sound half-decent. Way too much needless vibratto, sucked on the low end, off tune in the chorus, etc... that was just terrible.

Layne sounds 10000x better, even when he's fucked up on drugs -

, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c31uPfidl4I.

I know I rag on Bach a lot - but I actually expected this to sound half-decent. Way too much needless vibratto, sucked on the low end, off tune in the chorus, etc... that was just terrible.

True, he was out of tune - although, it is unlikely they'd practised previously, and if they had, not for long.

Some good parts in there, and some bad parts.

True, he was out of tune - although, it is unlikely they'd practised previously, and if they had, not for long.

I do have to say though, it wasn't the off-tune stuff that bothered me so much. I think it was more the whole "over-singing" of the song... it left this sorta cheesy feeling behind after I watched it. I didn't like that at all, particularly given the lyrics he was singing.

Bach had the potential to do that song really well, but I just don't think he pulled it off at all. Shame.

Guest Ohdistortedsmile1789

That's not much of an excuse. If he knows the song and can hear the band, he should be able to sing in tune.

I do have to say though, it wasn't the off-tune stuff that bothered me so much. I think it was more the whole "over-singing" of the song... it left this sorta cheesy feeling behind after I watched it. I didn't like that at all, particularly given the lyrics he was singing.

Bach had the potential to do that song really well, but I just don't think he pulled it off at all. Shame.

That's Bach though. Personally I enjoy hearing him sing, especially when he goes up there. That's what makes him Bach.

But I agree, Layne's performance fits the song better. No question.

That's not much of an excuse. If he knows the song and can hear the band, he should be able to sing in tune.

*shrug* Go complain to him - I enjoyed it for what it was, a tribute, perhaps not mind boggling, but still a good attempt nonetheless.

And HV, you do get that occasionly - but the sheer energy of him... wow.

Not the best performance of Bach's career, but not bad considering that they asked him to do it basically as they were going on stage, if I recall the story correctly. This is a dificult song, and Baz did fairly well for a rough take. Clearly, were this to be released on a CD, Baz would overdub some of the vocals. Overall, not a bad first run.

Not everything he does can be this good:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDI9q-v7aBA...ted&search=

Not the best performance of Bach's career, but not bad considering that they asked him to do it basically as they were going on stage, if I recall the story correctly. This is a dificult song, and Baz did fairly well for a rough take. Clearly, were this to be released on a CD, Baz would overdub some of the vocals. Overall, not a bad first run.

Not everything he does can be this good:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDI9q-v7aBA...ted&search=

Word.

Keep listening to it - it gets better.

Guest Ohdistortedsmile1789

*shrug* Go complain to him - I enjoyed it for what it was, a tribute, perhaps not mind boggling, but still a good attempt nonetheless.

I'm not complaining.

I'm not complaining.

Good.