Dream Theater

dally

whats a good Dream Theater intro album? I have nothing of theirs and Id like to check them out. And since we're in a forum about a prog rock band I need to ask about Isis. I started a thread on this but no one responded. Whats a good Isis album to check out in order to get into them?

Try out the older once, Awake and Images and words... those albums is werry good and easy to get into.

Or try out one of the live albums such as the Marquee, Once in a live time, scenes from New York or the brand new one score.

If you give this band some time to grow on you, you`ll expirience some fantastic music. :)

images and words is my favourite and it is also their first record

and its always good to start at the beginning,and ironically its also(IMO) their best!!!

No sir, your wrong... their first album was " When Dream And Day Unite" from 89. ;) But on that album the band had a different vocalist... Charlie Dominici.

Btw, the album is realy good.

As a starter album, I'd say check out Train Of Thought. I've heard them all and that's my favorite so far, it's the heaviest, most aggressive but with moments of real calm and a lot of prog goodness. It is so good that Octavarium felt like such a letdown... I gave my copy away.

As a starter album, I'd say check out Train Of Thought. I've heard them all and that's my favorite so far, it's the heaviest, most aggressive but with moments of real calm and a lot of prog goodness. It is so good that Octavarium felt like such a letdown... I gave my copy away.

Totally agree! It also has "As I am" in which is one of my favourite songs.

whats a good Dream Theater intro album? I have nothing of theirs and Id like to check them out. And since we're in a forum about a prog rock band I need to ask about Isis. I started a thread on this but no one responded. Whats a good Isis album to check out in order to get into them?

Try out the older once, Awake and Images and words... those albums is werry good and easy to get into.

Or try out one of the live albums such as the Marquee, Once in a live time, scenes from New York or the brand new one score.

If you give this band some time to grow on you, you`ll expirience some fantastic music. :)

images and words is my favourite and it is also their first record

and its always good to start at the beginning,and ironically its also(IMO) their best!!!

No sir, your wrong... their first album was " When Dream And Day Unite" from 89. ;) But on that album the band had a different vocalist... Charlie Dominici.

Btw, the album is realy good.

haha sorry for not knowing my dream theater trivia! my apologies :lol: