Who is the "King Of Pop"?

Iceman24

Who's the King Of Pop?  

89 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timberlake clearly owes a great debt to Michael, but in a lot of ways, the torch has been passed. MJ doesn't tour anymore, hasn't released a good album in ages, and is definitely not improving. I did not like JT's first record, but the second one is (please don't lynch me) damn good. JT is growing musically, tours, and isn't bankrupt. I'm afraid that, though he owes his kingdom to MJ, JT has taken over.

OFFICIAL VOTE: AXLSLASH

Michael Jackson will always be the king of pop he's the original the rest are just copies, i cant deny that Justin is great dancer and he's very charismatic but meh Mike is brilliant in every way, his legacy in the pop field will always be present.

No one can compare to him, it makes no sense. rock1

Compared to MJ he looks like a fool.

Watch the last few minutes of the 1999 performance in Korea, after Slash went off stage and MJ starts dancing Billie Jean. That is just insane what he does there. Brilliant.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1fqGTJkkuU

Michael Jackson will always be the king of pop he's the original the rest are just copies, i cant deny that Justin is great dancer and he's very charismatic but meh Mike is brilliant in every way, his legacy in the pop field will always be present.

No one can compare to him, it makes no sense. rock1

Compared to MJ he looks like a fool.

Watch the last few minutes of the 1999 performance in Korea, after Slash went off stage and MJ starts dancing Billie Jean. That is just insane what he does there. Brilliant.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1fqGTJkkuU

I agree!

Slash was trying to steal the show. :lol:

Nobody can dance like MJ. It's like he floats.

I've always considered MJ to be my guilty pleasure.

Well pre 1995 stuff Jacko anyway, after that - basically when he turned white and disregard the whole Smooth Criminal and Bad phase - he got pretty shitty.

But there is no way JT is the new king of pop, whenever I see his music videos and live performances you can see how he's trying to emulate Jackson, unfortunately he fails, but yet the girls scream wild purely because he's a good looker.

None of them

Robbie is the answer

who? :unsure:

25 years from now, JT will have just been another blip on the radar screen. MJ has been in the music business for nearly 40 years. Even if he never releases another album, no one is going to overtake him as the King of Pop.

None of them

Robbie is the answer

25 years from now, JT will have just been another blip on the radar screen. MJ has been in the music business for nearly 40 years. Even if he never releases another album, no one is going to overtake him as the King of Pop.

I disagree. Timberlake has the potential (not to mention the sheer talent) to be everything that Jacko has ever been, plus he's not a total creep. It's true, right now JT hasn't surpassed MJ, but he's been a solo artist for like 25% of what Jacko has been. Given time, JT can overtake him. It's just a matter of how the business treats him.

None of them

Robbie is the answer

I disagree. Timberlake has the potential (not to mention the sheer talent) to be everything that Jacko has ever been, plus he's not a total creep. It's true, right now JT hasn't surpassed MJ, but he's been a solo artist for like 25% of what Jacko has been. Given time, JT can overtake him. It's just a matter of how the business treats him.

I don't think so. I hate his voice.

None of them

Robbie is the answer

I like JT he's cool.....but not a chance in hell will he ever top MJ at anything. Thriller alone has sold somewhere between 60-100 million copies. His last album which was considered a commercial failure still sold 8 million copies....and that was with no promotion at all. JT's 2 albums combined have only sold 14 million. Not that sales are everything, but MJ is a music icon. He has influenced the music business, JT has not. If it hadn't been for him, there would be no Justin. He'll just be the "prince of pop"........maybe. :lol:

Edited by luvaxl4ever

None of them

Robbie is the answer

I like JT he's cool.....but not a chance in hell will he ever top MJ at anything. Thriller alone has sold somewhere between 60-100 million copies. His last album which was considered a commercial failure still sold 8 million copies....and that was with no promotion at all. JT's 2 albums combined have only sold 14 million. Not that sales are everything, but MJ is a music icon. He has influenced the music business, JT has not. If it hadn't been for him, there would be no Justin. He'll just be the "prince of pop"........maybe. :lol:

As I said, without Jacko there would be no JT, but right now, JT sells more records every year than Jacko does. In his day, Mike was the undisputed king. Today, he's a sideshow act.

As I said, without Jacko there would be no JT, but right now, JT sells more records every year than Jacko does. In his day, Mike was the undisputed king. Today, he's a sideshow act.

How do you figure that? MJ's least successful album has outsold each of JT's. And MJ just got $10 million to appear at a party for 20 minutes. When Justin can do that, or sell 100+ million of a single album, then maybe he can be called the King of Pop.

Regardless of the things MJ did or didn't do, his music was the best this planet seen or will ever see in pop culture

gusnguy

Agreed.

Justin isn't even in the same stratosphere as MJ when it comes to music.

Justin will always be a boy-band bubble gum singer who offers nothing new, groundbreaking or memorable in any way, shape or form.

Yeah...he's the king of "POP-OP" if you live in Russia.

it doesn't matter,

he can out sing either micheal or justin and pull off a pretty good act and get ahold of good material

he wins in my book

the other two are clowns in comparison

Vitas is talented - no doubt about it. His vocals are quite amazing, powerful and wide-ranging. But I wouldn't consider him pop. He's more opera.

Regardless of the things MJ did or didn't do, his music was the best this planet seen or will ever see in pop culture

gusnguy

Justin will always be a boy-band bubble gum singer who offers nothing new, groundbreaking or memorable in any way, shape or form.

Oh really, Missy, well what do you say about this: http://www.nbc.com/Saturday_Night_Live/uncensored.shtml

Yeah...he's the king of "POP-OP" if you live in Russia.

it doesn't matter,

he can out sing either micheal or justin and pull off a pretty good act and get ahold of good material

he wins in my book

the other two are clowns in comparison

Vitas is talented - no doubt about it. His vocals are quite amazing, powerful and wide-ranging. But I wouldn't consider him pop. He's more opera.

Blessed Guru

gusnguy

Oh really, Missy, well what do you say about this: http://www.nbc.com/Saturday_Night_Live/uncensored.shtml

:laugh:

Just proves Justin is an even bigger joke than I thought he was. :lol: