Mexico City june 5th review

i arrived to the show at like 3pm and stood there with my lil brother and a bunch of friends we were in section b good seats a (we were supposed to go in like the front row but my mom didnt let my lil brother go there because she thought it could be dangerous so we changed our tickets) well anyway a shitty opening band got on stage at like 9pm and it was booed the fuck out of the stage at like 10pm another shitty band maligno got on stage it got booed out too and by the time they were finished it was like 10:15 and because i knew axl rarely goes on stge before 12pm i knew we were gonna be there for a long time but they put a soccer match on screen and it was good way to kill time it finished like at 11:15 then at like 11:30 or 11:40 i was talkin with my lil brother and my friends about how they should be patient because gnr werent going out probably before 12:30 and then all of a sudden lights went down and that intro song before jungle started playing i was going nuts!! i couldnt beleive it i was just with an expression somehow like this: :shocked: then the opening notes to jungle started and everubody started to scream it was really great, axl appeared and i think he was angry or something because instead of the usual: do you know where the fuck you are?!?!?!! he just kept quiet and the band was like kinda waiting for him to say it and he just said: anytime and jungle started playing i was fucking freaking i almost cried when i saw axl it was the best show i've ever seen even better than the u2 and the rolling stones shows, the setlist was the same than the past shows you know:

"Welcome To The Jungle"

"It's So Easy"

"Mr. Brownstone"

Robin Finck Solo

"Sweet Child O' Mine" (axl dressed as a mariachi)

"Better"

Dizzy's Solo

"The Blues"

"Live And Let Die"

Richard Fortus' Solo

"You Could Be Mine"

"Knockin' On Heaven's Door"

"Out Ta' Get Me"

"I.R.S."

"November Rain"

Ron Thal's Solo (lol he played a solo and then played la cucaracha on guitar and also "Don't Cry")

"Patience"

"My Michelle"

"Nightrain"

"Madagascar"

"Paradise City"

Axl's voice was great throughout all the concert and the crowd was really really good they sang every single song (except the songs from cd which almost nobody knew but they had a good response though) sometimes you couldnt even hear axl beacuse of the crowd in paradise city i spotted like 3 mosh pits it was insane and everyone was junpimg and cheering it rule,d god what a great concert here are some videos my brother took em with mobile phone so they are kinda crappy

sweet child o' mine intro:

concert intro and wttj:

(lol my brohter screams like a little girl in this one :lol:)

november rain last solo:

Edited by slash_360

Glad you had a good time! How old is your little brother?

he's 11 years old and listens to gnr all day long rock3

Awesome. My oldest son is 11 and asked me to take him. I'm not sure. I have taken him to other shows, but his mom goes a little crazy around GNR. :tongue2:

My brother is 12. He likes the old tunes but fuckin love the new ones! He has Better, Chinese Democracy and especially Madagascar cranking all day. I've taught him well.

My other brother is beyond salvation though, only listens to pop-punk-bubblegum-stuff.