Best vocalist of the current decade ('00s)?

neatd99

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

chad kroeger is one awesome singer! anyone hear the song "hero" from the first spiderman film?great heart warming cool song!!! rock2

Possibly the most generic, bland, boring and monotonous voice in "rock music" today. I can't think of a worse candidate for best vocalist than Chad Kroeger.

chad kroeger is one awesome singer! anyone hear the song "hero" from the first spiderman film?great heart warming cool song!!! rock2

Possibly the most generic, bland, boring and monotonous voice in "rock music" today. I can't think of a worse candidate for best vocalist than Chad Kroeger.

sorry for sharing MY opinion

Guest Ohdistortedsmile1789

You share, we denigrate. :rolleyes:

Don't sweat it Dean! This is the forum of music experts , where all opinions suck and some believe their's are facts.

• 3 years later...

Kevin Max is the best vocalist around these days.

The range of Mercury, the falsetto of Bowie, the strength of Axl in his prime. The guy is amazing. He doesn't get the attention he deserves.

Poetry:

Live video:

(he's done a lot better, but a lot of the links I found on YouTube aren't working)

Wow, I thought I was the only person on this board who knew of Kevin Max!

I agree completely.

Edited by luciusfunk

Me.

Damn - three-year-old post that I don't even remember. Time flies.

Kevin Max is the best vocalist around these days.

The range of Mercury, the falsetto of Bowie, the strength of Axl in his prime. The guy is amazing. He doesn't get the attention he deserves.

Poetry:

Live video:

(he's done a lot better, but a lot of the links I found on YouTube aren't working)

Wow, I thought I was the only person on this board who knew of Kevin Max!

I agree completely.

Dude is amazing. His last album sucked but Stereotype Be is absolutely brilliant and his voice is wonderful. I'd love to see him get recognition some day.

EDIT: This is great:

Edited by Estranged Reality

Yeah, I know what you mean. I liked a few songs, but overall, the album bored me. It was better than his Christmas album, though.

He has a new album coming out in a few days (already available for download) and he released an EP in December 2008.

Cool, but is it true that the new album is just the Crashing Gates EP with a few new songs? I just looked it up and that's what I found. I already have the EP.

Yes and no. It's the Crashing Gates EP remixed with ten new songs (a few instrumentals with Adrian Belew). I personally think he shouldn't have had the Crashing Gates songs remixed. They were better in the original form.

http://www.dpulsedigital.com/products/Kevin-Max-%252d-Cotes-d%27Armor-Digital-Album.html

Edited by luciusfunk

Guest Apollo

As far as females go......I will take these two over Boyence and Gaga and Katy Perry, etc.

2nd

Beyonce said of this singer ... "her voice is like an Angel singing."

• 5 weeks later...

I was finally able to see Kevin Max live on Friday night. I'd been trying for nine years to see him, but never had the opportunity because the closest he'd come would be Dallas and I lived six hours away until I moved to Dallas last month.

He was with a band from Austin (The Reliques) and Derek Webb. Webb wasn't too bad. I'd never heard him before Friday. Kevin was easily the best. I even got to shake his hand and talk to him and got an autograph. He was nice, but he kind of blows people off for people he knows that show up.

I'll put some videos up in a bit.