Best vocalist of the current decade ('00s)?

neatd99

• 2 years later...
  • Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jared Leto from 30 Seconds to Mars has a pretty incredible voice.

He tries sooo hard, though. I will say that he's a talented enough actor, and his performance in the upcoming Dallas Buyers Club is supposedly really great. It's also weird that he's like 44 years old or something and looks 28.

Antony Hegarty from Antony and the Johnsons my current favourite most probably.

Antony has a great voice.

It all comes down to genres for me, really. I can't rank a guy like Antony against someone who's doing heavy metal or hard rock or what-have-you.

But as far as straight up rock n' roll goes, I think Josh Homme has the best voice. It perfectly encapsulates everything that's sexually charged and sleazy about rock n' roll.

I also still think Chris Cornell has a wonderful, unique voice.

Me.

Damn - three-year-old post that I don't even remember. Time flies.

Is it weird that six years later this applies again?

Lucius, I didn't remember discussing Kevin Max with you. I'm sorry. But now that i re-read our exchange, I do remember it.

I stand by my comments that he's one of the best vocalists out there that nobody even knows about...well, except you and I.

Kevin was easily the best. I even got to shake his hand and talk to him and got an autograph. He was nice, but he kind of blows people off for people he knows that show up.

When I saw dc Talk during their farewell tour I didn't hang around to try to meet anyone, but I do remember Tobymac as seeming to be the most personable even on stage, and Kevin Max was the most reserved. I get the vibe that he's probably not the most charismatic person, he's kind of shy.

^ I understand your point of view, for me there are only two 'genres' of music left - there's rhythm music, encapsulating all pop and rock and such music, and the other genre is classical/art music. which is more cerebral and more difficult to fully grasp.

so antony and the johnsons, even when the songs are fit to be backed up by a full orchestra as in the live piece i provided a link for, it's still rhythm music and i listen to it with about the same ears and mindset i would listen a queens of the stone age record with . . . . . . ....

anyway, Antony is massively gifted and skilled as a vocalist. and quite unique in sound and the style of his songs.

Jared Leto from 30 Seconds to Mars has a pretty incredible voice.

He tries sooo hard, though. I will say that he's a talented enough actor, and his performance in the upcoming Dallas Buyers Club is supposedly really great. It's also weird that he's like 44 years old or something and looks 28.

Antony Hegarty from Antony and the Johnsons my current favourite most probably.

Antony has a great voice.

It all comes down to genres for me, really. I can't rank a guy like Antony against someone who's doing heavy metal or hard rock or what-have-you.

But as far as straight up rock n' roll goes, I think Josh Homme has the best voice. It perfectly encapsulates everything that's sexually charged and sleazy about rock n' roll.

I also still think Chris Cornell has a wonderful, unique voice.

Me.

Damn - three-year-old post that I don't even remember. Time flies.

Is it weird that six years later this applies again?

Lucius, I didn't remember discussing Kevin Max with you. I'm sorry. But now that i re-read our exchange, I do remember it.

I stand by my comments that he's one of the best vocalists out there that nobody even knows about...well, except you and I.

Kevin was easily the best. I even got to shake his hand and talk to him and got an autograph. He was nice, but he kind of blows people off for people he knows that show up.

When I saw dc Talk during their farewell tour I didn't hang around to try to meet anyone, but I do remember Tobymac as seeming to be the most personable even on stage, and Kevin Max was the most reserved. I get the vibe that he's probably not the most charismatic person, he's kind of shy.

Kevin can be shy or charismatic. I'm "friends" with him on Facebook and some of the stuff he posts is kind of out there for a shy person.

You mentioned Tait's solo work. His unreleased third album was supposed to be very Prince-like, but it was put on hold indefinitely since he joined Newsboys.