joe satriani

swlabr

i've always been against the totally technical dudes but i've really enjoyed satriani's work. his main influences include jimi hendrix and you can hear it in his playing. my fave songs so far are "if i could fly" and "surfing with the alien." awesome guy. any fans?

Seeing him live in 14 days B)

My fav songs from him are "the crush of love", "crystal planet", "crushing day", "the mystical potato head groove thing", "alyways with me, always with you", "surfing with the alien", and a few others.

I loved one of his albums two years ago and I was a huge fan of his.

'Strange beautiful music' is an awesome album. An entire album full of amazing guitar work, all songs somewhat dreamy, yet strange.. like 'bellydancer', 'chords of life', good examples of that strange dreamy sound.

I have a DVD of the G3 and a concert they showed on Swiss TV a few weeks back.I like what he plays there. A friend of mine has one of his albums. I listened a bit to it. I didn't like it that much. I think it was a bit banal. It has not the complexity of instruemntals like Buckethead plays them. But maybe I'm wrong and I just heard the wrong songs.