Pink Floyd Question.

feconroses

Im relatively new to pink floyd. I really really love Comfortably Numb, Wish you Were Here and Shine on you Crazy Diamond. I feel to go "deeper" and try some other tunes, but i am a little lazy to download full albums and then listen to them closely, just for "investigation".What other songs you can recommend that are as special as those songs?! Maybe if i discover some other cool songs, ill try to buy/download some records or something.

Thanks!

Im relatively new to pink floyd. I really really love Comfortably Numb, Wish you Were Here and Shine on you Crazy Diamond. I feel to go "deeper" and try some other tunes, but i am a little lazy to download full albums and then listen to them closely, just for "investigation".What other songs you can recommend that are as special as those songs?! Maybe if i discover some other cool songs, ill try to buy/download some records or something.

Thanks!

No, don't do that. It doesn't work with the Floyd. Go buy "The Piper at the Gates of Dawn." If you like it, move on to "Dark Side of the Moon," which most consider to be their definitive record. After that, "Wish You Were Here." Once you're a fan of the band, seek out the rest. "The Wall" is not for novices, but it has a couple great songs on it, including "Comfortably Numb." Otherwise, owing to the fact that it's a concept record and rather bloated, it can be quite alienating to new listeners. Some of their other work isn't that great, either. So definitely start with Piper.

You need to listen to the Dark Side Of The Moon. It's the best album ever. The songs run in a consecutive way, which makes it even better. All the songs are more than excelent.

Learning to fly, from the album Delicate Sound of Thunder, is really deep and good as well.

Mother - Best song ever! From The Wall (Part 1)

Well I will just list some well known songs and the albums they come from:

A Great Day For Freedom - Division Bell

Another Brick in the Wall - The Wall (Part 1)

Goodbye Blue Sky - The Wall (Part 1)

Hey You - The Wall (Part 1)

Vera - The Wall (Part 1)

Have a Cigar - The Wall (Part 1)

I think these will kind of make you want to investigate deeper into Pink Floyd, it's one of my favourite groups. If you need any help, feel free to PM me.

Thanks!

No, don't do that. It doesn't work with the Floyd. Go buy "The Piper at the Gates of Dawn." If you like it, move on to "Dark Side of the Moon," which most consider to be their definitive record. After that, "Wish You Were Here." Once you're a fan of the band, seek out the rest. "The Wall" is not for novices, but it has a couple great songs on it, including "Comfortably Numb." Otherwise, owing to the fact that it's a concept record and rather bloated, it can be quite alienating to new listeners. Some of their other work isn't that great, either. So definitely start with Piper.

That's their first album I heard.

It's not.

Hey You - The Wall (Part 1)

Vera - The Wall (Part 1)

Have a Cigar - The Wall (Part 1)

Hey You and Vera are from the second part :huh: Have a Cigar is from WYWH ;)

IMO, you shouldn't start with the first Syd-albums. Maybe the collection Echoes to get used to the Floyd sound and then The Wall, Wish You Were Here, Syd-albums (the first two) and Dark Side Of The Moon (well, I don't like DSOTM but everyone else seems to..).

Edited by Wando

Some of the best songs on the Wall are the ones that the average fans have NOT heard of

One of my turns, Vera, Bring the boys back home - these are some of the finest songs in the entire Floyd Catalog

But I would absolutely start with Dark Side and then go to Wish you were here, if you are not hooked by that point, go buy a fucking Bon Jovi album or something

just get Echoes - it's a very good compilation containing stuff from all 3 eras

It's not.

he meant it's the first Floyd album he ever heard, not that he heard it's the first Floyd album

Ha! Thanks for clearing that up for me.

Dark Side of the Moon is my second favorite right now.

It's hard to narrow Floyd down to "songs" rather than albums.

I'd go with this

Wish You Were Here

Have A Cigar

Shine On You Crazy Diamond (Parts 1-5)

Comfortably Numb

Another Brick In The Wall Pt. 2

Mother

Sheep

Pigs On The Wing Pt. 1

Brain Damage

Money

Time

Breathe

In The Flesh?

The Fletcher Memorial Home

It's hard to narrow Floyd down to "songs" rather than albums.

I'd go with this

Wish You Were Here

Have A Cigar

Shine On You Crazy Diamond (Parts 1-5)

Comfortably Numb

Another Brick In The Wall Pt. 2

Mother

Sheep

Pigs On The Wing Pt. 1

Brain Damage

Money

Time

Breathe

In The Flesh?

The Fletcher Memorial Home

Fletcher Memorial is a fantastic song - nice to see some love for The Final Cut around here

Final Cut IS my favourite album by Floyd.

Though I'm slowly swinging towards DSOTM (I know, I know!)

I didn't used to dig DSOTM all that much, but I guess 3 times of having it fed to me in its entirety by Waters live saw of triggered a switch and now I can't get enough of it.

But yeah I love The Final Cut - never understood why "When The Tigers Broke Free" wasn't on the final album (until the re-release)