"The Language of Fear" by Del James

Don't waste your time or money - i bought a copy through a book dealer in New York a few years back for $100 knowing that the book is out of print and hard to find.Let's just say that i was less than impressed - i never even made it through the whole book.The book just felt like it was written by someone very young and without a lot of writing experience.The stories came off as something written by someone in high school.If you collect rare and hard to find GN'R related items,then it is up there with those,however,if you are buying it for the read then you can do way way better.......Just my opinion......Peace

I personally loved the book and read it several times. I have two copies. One thats never been read. I got it From Del when he was still at RIP. He sent me an autographed copy.

Did he sign in crayon?

No, Del only signs autographs with the fresh blood of slaughtered lambs. Or with the Guns N' Roses Brand Official Ink Pen (complete with "Skull" Cap to prevent leakage).

I personally loved the book and read it several times. I have two copies. One thats never been read. I got it From Del when he was still at RIP. He sent me an autographed copy.

Did he sign in crayon?

Nice one smartass! Buy the way, why the hell would you make a comment like that? Hell you post with Dels face!

As I said I love the book. Its sick and twisted. And sometimes thats just what you need! I personally always thought that one of his stories would be great for Tales From the Crypt or some show like that.

Edited by AmyL

Its hard to get a copy much cheaper. Sometimes it goes for around 50, but very rarely. I guess it just depends on how much you wanted it. I was lucky enough to get copies when it first came out. I bought 4 I think. I wish I would have bought a whole fucking case.

Don't waste your time or money - i bought a copy through a book dealer in New York a few years back for $100 knowing that the book is out of print and hard to find.Let's just say that i was less than impressed - i never even made it through the whole book.The book just felt like it was written by someone very young and without a lot of writing experience.The stories came off as something written by someone in high school.If you collect rare and hard to find GN'R related items,then it is up there with those,however,if you are buying it for the read then you can do way way better.......Just my opinion......Peace

Well, I guess the depth and creativity of his writing is a little too advanced for your attention span since you couldn't even finish the book. If you had taken the time to read the entire book, you would have recognized what an amazing and gifted writer he truly is. Del is an awesome writer. The stories are off-the-wall - no doubt about it - but definitely worth reading.

Did he sign in crayon?

No HRS, but perhaps he'd make an exception for you since we all know you can't read or understand anything that isn't in crayon.

Ive read the book about 3 or 4 times at this point. I love it. It sits on my bed-side table and I read a story every now and again when I'm bored.

What I did (and you might as well try it for yourself) - Called around a bunch of local libraries to see if they had it. Found one. Checked it out. Never returned it. Mwa ha ha.

.........I'm not allowed back.