Pearl Jam - Ten

Moop

I think Vs is their best by far.

The singles of Ten were good for radio but on VS they is rocking. Rear View Mirror is there best song.

I never particularly liked that song, and I gave it plenty of time to grow on me. The riff is just bland and the vocals and lyrics aren't anything special

Hell just buy Rearviewmirror. That's probably the best Greatest Hits collection I own along with Thank You by STP -- it's extremely well put together.

Also, I never really noticed the killer guitar solos in Life Wasted until I played Guitar Hero 2. I had heard the song on the radio but the guitar is like, really far back in the mix and quiet. They should have turned that shit up to 11 because it's really, really awesome.

Edited by Ant

Ten and Appetite are the only albums in the world that I could give a 10/10

It's absolutely breath taking, I went 3 months listening to it every day without getting over it. From straight out rock like Alive, Why Go and Even Flow, to Heart wrenching ballads like Release and Black and the weird and the wonderful tracks like Once and Oceans. I'm sure you'll grow to love it in time, and if you don't, you're missing out.

QFT

I have 2 favourite albums:

Appetite

Ten

Porch made me cry. It broke my heart. I love it so much. I was in a situation in a relationship that I'd never heard of anyone else being in, but that song was a reminder that I deserve to be treated a million times better then that.

Wow, there's so many people that love this album. I'll give it a few more listens and see if it'll stick. I just think after the first 4 songs, the album sort of dies down.

and at the person that says Ten is better than Superunknown, I'm sorry but Superuknown is just an all around fucking brilliant album. THAT'S an album I could listen to over and over. I'd even say that Badmotorfinger is way better as well. Although I could just be biased.

what you should've done is bought REARVIEW MIRROR.... their greatest hits...

pearl jam is amazing....

then look at some of the unplugged shows if u can find them...or see live stuff

some of their best songs for me.... alive, jeremy, betterman, yellow ledbetter, black, evenflow, i got ID.... just off the top of my head

by the way..their newest album pearl jam is amazing....just brilliantly amazing....

Edited by GnR lives on

I prefer Vs, and the best songs off Vitalogy, to Ten. Saying that though, Ten is still a great album. If we're talking great 90's albums, I highly recommend Definitely Maybe and Morning Glory by Oasis. Dirt by Alice In Chains is also another great album.

Ten is one of PJ's most 'blah' albums. I love the work they did 1993-1998. All those albums are better than Ten. I think it's the production on Ten that makes me not like it so much, but it does have great songs on it.

I agree, totally. It's a fun minority to be in, ain't it?

Sweet, you still sound hyped from the show. Amazing how an awesome concert stays with you.

PJ is headlining Lollapalooza in Chicago later this summer, so maybe I'll check 'em out again if they were that good...

Sorry TIU, I've tried it several times now to write a coherent review, it just doesn't work. I'm still way too into it, I dunno where to start, where to finish, which stories to include and so on... I'll post the setlist and some basic info.

They played for 2 and a half hours, 29 songs, "Rats" from "Vs" made it onto the setlist by request for the first time on european ground since 1993 . The opening bands "The Futureheads" and "Interpol" were utter shit. Eddie interacted a lot with us, was moved to tears near the end because of the energy the crowd had. He let a fan on stage, wanted him to sing "I believe in miracles" with him, because that fan wore a Ramones Shirt but the fan didn't know the lyrics and sat down on stage to watch them play. Eddie cracked a joke about those "know-it-all-fans in the front row".

The crowd was insane, the moshpit was unreal, others on the crowd said that they only know moshpits like this from Slayer concerts :D . They (and we) turned "Black" into a 15minutes epic singalong.

Now I don't know anymore what to say... There's still an awful lot to mention, just because it was so fuckin' awesome, so, just one advice: If you get the chance to see 'em, GO!! Really, go! It's definetly worth it. This will be a life-time experience for you! This band's on fire and it doesn't seem as if they'll lose it anytime soon.

If you've got any specific questions, please ask, I know I've probably forgotten a lot.

Here's the setlist:

Mainset: Sometimes, Whipping, Brain Of J., Do The Evolution, Insignificance, In Hiding, Severed Hand, Sad, I Am Mine, Inside Job, Why Go, Daughter, Breath, State Of Love And Trust, I'm Open, Come Back, Once, Life Wasted

Encore 1: I Believe In Miracles, Not For You/Modern Girl, Wasted Reprise, Black, Alive

Encore 2: Elderly Woman Behind The Counter In A Small Town, Given To Fly, Rats, Comatose, Baba O'Riley, Yellow Ledbetter

Edited by Spoon87