Telsa mentions gnr regarding the release of a double album

Alpachiris

Tesla In Two Parts

Updated 04:55 PDT Sat, Jun 16 2007

Tesla isn't pretending it an innovative way to get people to its shows, but the band might have done it just the same.

With the influence of the recording industry dwindling, acts are finding creative ways to get music to the fans. In the case of Tesla, the band is including a free CD with each ticket purchase. Prince did this, as have others. But Tesla, which has its own record company, took the concept in a different direction.

When the band wrapped up recording for Real to Reel, they were left with 25 worthy tracks.

"We didn't want to go to retail and put out two records á la Use Your Illusion," the band's Brian Wheat told Pollstar. "It's just a mess and Tesla isn't as big as Guns N' Roses when they did it. "So I came up with the idea to put out one disc at retail. The people who are going to buy that second disc are hardcore fans, so I said, 'Let's put it into the ticket price and have the second disc be part of the concert experience.'"

The first disc of Real to Reel is packaged with a 16-page book and a foldout, plus a place to put the second disc. When the band launched its tour in early June, fans entering the show received the second disc as their tickets were torn.

Maybe it's not the most earth-shattering concept out there, but it's definitely one other artists should pay attention to. Wheat thought it would help get butts in seats, but there's always been a core group of diehard Tesla fans the band can count on to buy the group's albums and come to shows.

The question is, would Tesla's original major-label record company have agreed to do this?

"Hell, no. The reason we have our own label is because we're sick and tired of the old, monolithic record companies," Wheat said. "Quite frankly, all they did was f**k it up."

Guest Matt13

No shit Sherlock... GNR released a double album called 'Use Your Illusion'.

That's what they're referring to.

Thanks for the update.

Guest Matt13
No shit Sherlock... GNR released a double album called 'Use Your Illusion'.

That's what they're referring to.

Thanks for the update.

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

Next thing you will tell me is that GNR also released a Live album with two cd's which are mislabeled.

?????

Apparently you have no brain. It's obvious GNR put out a double-disk album. That was the point of my post. Just because Tesla mentions Use Your Illusion, why does it merit a thread here? If there was a thread for everytime someone of stature mentioned Use Your Illusion, 99% of the threads here would be about someone mentioning UYI.

The original thread title also made it sound like CD was going to be a double disk.

Sorry if you can't comprehend the obvious.

Tesla rocks. Great band from the 80's who has never tried to change their style of music (Bon Jovi). Five Man Acoustical Jam is one of my favorite CDs ever. For the younger fans on here, I suggest you pick up a copy or download it.

• 2 weeks later...
Tesla rocks. Great band from the 80's who has never tried to change their style of music (Bon Jovi). Five Man Acoustical Jam is one of my favorite CDs ever. For the younger fans on here, I suggest you pick up a copy or download it.

check out all Teslas albums even their comeback album 2004's "INTO THE NOW" was great classic Tesla.....I couldn't recommend Tesla enough if your looking for great Rock and Roll. I'm shocked they are not more popular.