Yngwie Malmsteen

Chris Axl

Got 2 cd's of him by my sister the other day.

and DAMN its amazing! Hes now my fav guitarplayer after 4tus and Bucket. He is brilliant. Makes hendrix look like a guitar n00b

Is it him who sing on the albums to? if so he got a pretty good sining voice to

Makes hendrix look like a guitar n00b

Sometimes when you decide you like something you tend to use hyperboles to the extreme and it makes your opinions seem a little naiive and unfounded.

I thought it was obviouse it was a "In My Own Opinion" statement

Makes hendrix look like a guitar n00b

Sometimes when you decide you like something you tend to use hyperboles to the extreme and it makes your opinions seem a little naiive and unfounded.

I thought it was obviouse it was a "In My Own Opinion" statement

Yeah it was. I did say 'your opinion' you just seem to go overboard sometimes. Just my opinion :xmassrudolph:

and DAMN its amazing! Hes now my fav guitarplayer after 4tus and Bucket. He is brilliant. Makes hendrix look like a guitar n00b

just now finding out about malmsteen?

check out paul gilbert.

Technically he's an amazingly gifted guitarist.. It just sounds to be as though he lacks the raw emotions to be 'the' greatest.

And only you Chris could refer to Jimi Hendrix as a guitar n00b lmao - I sincerely hope youre joking :rolleyes:

xDSGx

He was comparing Malmsteen to Hendrix.

Hendrix is not the BEST guitarist in the world, imo he's quite overrated, that's not the point though.

Malmsteen is great, and saying he lacks the "raw emotion" is very juvenile, how can you tell how much emotion someone puts into their work? How do you think he got so good? He had no feeling toward guitar? Oh yeah, that totally makes sense, maybe you're right.

Technically he's an amazingly gifted guitarist.. It just sounds to be as though he lacks the raw emotions to be 'the' greatest.

And only you Chris could refer to Jimi Hendrix as a guitar n00b lmao - I sincerely hope youre joking :rolleyes:

xDSGx

Hendrix is not the BEST guitarist in the world, imo he's quite overrated, that's not the point though.

Malmsteen is great, and saying he lacks the "raw emotion" is very juvenile, how can you tell how much emotion someone puts into their work? How do you think he got so good? He had no feeling toward guitar? Oh yeah, that totally makes sense, maybe you're right.

Is there any particular reason you feel the need to contradict everything I say? :)

xDSGx

Is there any particular reason you feel the need to contradict everything I say? :)

Nope :heart:

xDSGx

Nope :heart:

Oh I am glad. There was me thinking I irritated you by being alive :kiss:

Put it this way, once you've heard one Yngwie album you've heard them all, and I've heard them all one by one. It all starts sounding the same, and it tends to detach the listener from any kind of artistic merit or statement that the music might have, because we've heard it all before, be it on Rising Force, Attack, War To End All Wars, Odyssey, Trilogy, Fire And Ice, etc... same shit different pile.

Put it this way, once you've heard one Yngwie album you've heard them all, and I've heard them all one by one. It all starts sounding the same, and it tends to detach the listener from any kind of artistic merit or statement that the music might have, because we've heard it all before, be it on Rising Force, Attack, War To End All Wars, Odyssey, Trilogy, Fire And Ice, etc... same shit different pile.

You're one of the people I trust on this board for opinions, so thank you for that :xmasschef2: .

I will retract some of my comment. But still, it must take some emotion to get as good as he is.

xDSGx

I agree.

I mean, just because he is a wizard on the guitar doesn't mean he lacks emotion. I mean, does emotion mean you must make mistakes and not be able to play fast? How can anyone say shredding has no emotion. So if someone is technically far superior it means he is a cold robot? It's about playing guitar and expressing yourself and if that's what Malmsteen feels, than it's his interpretation of the word "emotion", because he feels what he plays.

you cant really say that because they both have different styles of playing.

if you want to see a good technical guitarist check out some paul gilbert or him in his band years in racer x.

Edited by Serg