Yngwie Malmsteen

Chris Axl

I agree with Moreblack on this one , I seen him open up for AC/DC one year (forget the year , Blow up Your Video tour maybe?) This guy played the same solo over and over for 45 minutes. The first 5 minutes , it was like hey this guy's cool , then after , it was like , when is this guy getting through?

Yepp, Yngwie is a legend.. and no it is not hin singing on the records.. he has used different vocalists during his solo career..

My favoritt album`s is Magnum Opus, Eclipse and Alchemy....

But damn you.... he is not better than our own Ronni Le Tekrø rock1 rock2 rock3rock4

Edited by dally

Makes hendrix look like a guitar n00b
:laugh:
Oh yeah cause playing sloppy songs with no structure is much more talented than intricate songs filled with mind numbing technical skill of the guitar
Malmsteen is boring. Nothing special.
You don't know much about the guitar or technicality then
That fat ass is nothing compared to Hendrix.
L-O-L

lol @ you, guitar n00b

Edited by 4geowobo

I'm not in a 'technical guitar' mood today, so I'm gonna go ahead and say he bores me. His music may not be emotionless...it's just that most people can't really get any emotions from his music, which is why guitarists such as I guess Hendrix for example will always be far greater. On another day, I really like his work, but it still doesn't do anything for me. I respect how awesome he is...but I just get nothing from him.

At 4geowobo: Shutup hooray for tolerance!. You obviously know nothing of how influential Hendrix is/was. I bet Yngwie would be laughing at you :lol:. Douchebag.

I'm not in a 'technical guitar' mood today, so I'm gonna go ahead and say he bores me. His music may not be emotionless...it's just that most people can't really get any emotions from his music, which is why guitarists such as I guess Hendrix for example will always be far greater. On another day, I really like his work, but it still doesn't do anything for me. I respect how awesome he is...but I just get nothing from him.

At 4geowobo: Shutup hooray for tolerance!. You obviously know nothing of how influential Hendrix is/was. I bet Yngwie would be laughing at you :lol:. Douchebag.

Hendrix may be more influental but in terms of skills he is nowhere the best. Malmsteen owns him in terms of technique, that's why Malmsteen is the better guitarist. Hendrix may be the more creative guitarist, though.

Thats what I meant by lacks raw emotion. Its hard for people to get anything other than respect for his musical talent from Malmsteen.

xDSGx

What the fuck motherfucker? If the guy says he's boring, why should he know anything? It's just motherfucking plain boring to him.

I agree, I know much about techinicality in guitar music and I know that that guy is pretty damn good, but it doesn't mean a hot fuck how fast you are if people cant listen to your utter shit without falling asleep.

And if anyone ever again dares to call Hendrix a guitar noob, innocent people will die.

Malmsteen is perfect technically but I can't listen to him. Not to mention watching him live. I've heard the worst about his non ending show off solos.

Not my style

There are so many other perfect virtuosos that compose marvelous stuff.

Yngwie ... who?

I saw an awesome shirt with that on it...one side said 'Yngwie who?' and then the back said 'Yngwie fucking Malmsteen that's who!'. Awesome shirt.

Just thought I'd share :huh:.

Edited by FunkyMonk

What the fuck motherfucker? If the guy says he's boring, why should he know anything? It's just motherfucking plain boring to him.I agree, I know much about techinicality in guitar music and I know that that guy is pretty damn good, but it doesn't mean a hot fuck how fast you are if people cant listen to your utter shit without falling asleep.And if anyone ever again dares to call Hendrix a guitar noob, innocent people will die.
1. He said "nothing speical"2. Hendrix is influential, but really did not know much about the instrument, hence guitar n00b geezus you people think Jimi Hendrix is a technical guitar god :rofl-lol:
Ans we have to use personal insults ?(What about the forum rules)

and influential, yeah doesn't mean Hendrix was very good

creative yes technical

playing = garbage

Edited by 4geowobo

What the fuck motherfucker? If the guy says he's boring, why should he know anything? It's just motherfucking plain boring to him.I agree, I know much about techinicality in guitar music and I know that that guy is pretty damn good, but it doesn't mean a hot fuck how fast you are if people cant listen to your utter shit without falling asleep.And if anyone ever again dares to call Hendrix a guitar noob, innocent people will die.
1. He said "nothing speical"2. Hendrix is influential, but really did not know much about the instrument, hence guitar n00b geezus you people think Jimi Hendrix is a technical guitar god :rofl-lol:
Ans we have to use personal insults ?(What about the forum rules)

and influential, yeah doesn't mean Hendrix was very good

creative yes technical

playing = garbage

:lol:

Behave! Hendrix? Garbage? That made me laugh.

Sure he wasn't the most amazingly technically perfect guitarist of all time - but he sure could play! And he put on an amazing show from what I've seen! Fucks sake the mans a legend! And Malmsteen, well. His concerts get kinda dull really. Who wants to go watch a 45minutes, repetitive guitar solo? Sure he's fast and gifted but he's not got the showmanship or spark OR influence of Hendrix.

this is a time-honored discussion isn't it?

here's my take; there are many "shred" guys who are guilty of the "no emotion" tag. i don't know if i would put Yngwie in that category. he is definately guilty of redundancy and being a bit of a one-trick pony. so the real question is not whether he plays with emotion but does he invoke any emotion in the listener. obviously that's a matter of personal preference. i find him interesting for about 3 songs and then i'm bored. but i could see someone digging it alot more. especially if you're into classical or symphonic music. he's basically Pagininni with a guitar.

on the other side of the coin alot of guys that are labeled to play with emotion are indeed hacks, but if they get across to the listener who am i to complain?

in the end it's all about songs and a guitarists' ability to either make them better or worse.

Malmsteen is without a doubt a very gifted and talent guitarist, but his music has never appealed to me. I find it very boring.

Gene Simmons put it best when he said that he'd rather hear a guitarist strike a simple A chord that has a lot guts put into it than a guitarist who plays a million notes per minute.