RANCID!

DopeSickGirl

They're great! :shades: Punk at it's best! Hope i get to see them live before they retire.

Oh God yes! If you ever get the chance to see 'em live do so! Its so energetic and amazing!

Kinda like the Ramones, they get so much better live! AND they cover Op. Ivy!

Fuckin' amazing :shades:

Guest knerken
They're great! :shades: Punk at it's best! Hope i get to see them live before they retire.

Oh God yes! If you ever get the chance to see 'em live do so! Its so energetic and amazing!

Operation Ivy, ey? Sounds awesome :D

And yeah ADPT, I like Rancid better than Ramones and Clash actually.

Edited by knerken

Yeaah! It fucking rules :D You like Op Ivy too?

Nah, far away from punk at it's best.

Black Flag > Rancid

Then again.. Stooes, Ramones, The Clash (Not pure punk really), etc > Black Flag

And yeah ADPT, I like Rancid better than Ramones and Clash actually.

Hence the wink I used. I was being playful. Don't be so touchy. ;)

Guest knerken

What I've heard from them is awesome, haven't heard too much though. Recommend me some songs :D

Black Flag, Stooges, Ramones, Dead Boys, The Clash, Buzzcocks etc. are all great punk bands. I just enjoy listening to Rancid more :D

What I've heard from them is awesome, haven't heard too much though. Recommend me some songs :D

Black Flag, Stooges, Ramones, Dead Boys, The Clash, Buzzcocks etc. are all great punk bands. I just enjoy listening to Rancid more :D

Gotta love 'em all!!

..and my favourite Op Ivy tracks are Unity, Knowledge, Sound System, Bombshell, Room Without A Window and Junkie's Runnin' Dry. Hell all there stuff is good! Bit more ska-ish than Rancid but still pretty punk and fucking AMAZING!

I've got ...And out come the Wolves and it's one of my favourite albums but I've been meaning to get another one but I dunno which, any help?

I recommend Lets Go! and Rancid 1993, both really good ^_^

Indestructable is awesome too.. So its Rancid 2000, thats more of a hardcore album than punk though.

Life Won't Wait is a strange one, you gotta be in the mood for it.

All their albums are awesome for different reasons really ^_^

Everything on And Out Come The Wolves is really catchy and fun. Same with Lets Go! and Indestructble. Their first album is awesome, some proper raw punk.The self-titled one from 2000 was recorded as a kinda live in the studio thing, all done in one take with them all playing at the same time rather than separately and then added together so its a really hard, fast sound. The Whole albums done in 40 minutes and there are 22 songs on it! :lol: Still awesome though. Life Won't Wait is kinda like The Clashs Sandisimo (or what its called or spelled..) uses lots of guest artists and is kinda reggae/ska more than punk but still a great album ^_^

xDSGx

I've got ...And out come the Wolves and it's one of my favourite albums but I've been meaning to get another one but I dunno which, any help?

Indestructable is awesome too.. So its Rancid 2000, thats more of a hardcore album than punk though.

Everything on And Out Come The Wolves is really catchy and fun. Same with Lets Go! and Indestructble. Their first album is awesome, some proper raw punk.The self-titled one from 2000 was recorded as a kinda live in the studio thing, all done in one take with them all playing at the same time rather than separately and then added together so its a really hard, fast sound. The Whole albums done in 40 minutes and there are 22 songs on it! :lol: Still awesome though. Life Won't Wait is kinda like The Clashs Sandisimo (or what its called or spelled..) uses lots of guest artists and is kinda reggae/ska more than punk but still a great album ^_^

Ooh I like Sandinista! I deffinately gotta check it out, gonna see which one has California Sun on it, man I love that song

Ooh I like Sandinista! I deffinately gotta check it out, gonna see which one has California Sun on it, man I love that song

Cool!

California Sun isn't on any of their albums. I'm pretty sure its taken from a Give 'Em The Boot hellcat records compilation. They've got a few tracks off that - the cover If The Kids Are United by Sham 69 on one of 'em.. I love it! ^_^

I'll scan through my collection of Give 'Em The Boot albums see which its on if any :)

EDIT: Its not on any of 'em. Might have been a B-side or something. Good track though despite its hazy origins.

Edited by DopeSickGirl

Guest knerken

Just read that Matt Freeman and Tim Armstrong will release the first Operation Ivy album in july on their own label Rancid Records. I will definatley buy it!

Just read that Matt Freeman and Tim Armstrong will release the first Operation Ivy album in july on their own label Rancid Records. I will definatley buy it!

I have it! ^_^

Its fucking amazing.

Cost me £30 though - original one. Was a good find at £30 though I reckon!