Recommend New Music

Raw Power

btw Knerken Im listening to Hardcore Superstar right now. It's fucking awsome.

If you like them you should check out these guys out.

Silvertide

660663_356x237.jpg

*Walt Lafty

*Nick Perri

*Mark Melchiorre, Jr.

*Kevin Frank

*Brian Weaver

Silvertide is a rock'n'roll band from Philly. These guys plays rock like we're still

in the 70's, classic heavy rock'n'roll like Zeppelin, Aerosmith, AC/DC. It's heavy guitar-

riffs, catchy chorus, great solos. Everything you need.

Discography

*Show and Tell (2004)

Where to Start

Since they have only released one album it's pretty obvious to start right there. If I have to recommend

a song I would definitely say "Ain't Coming Home," "Calefornia Rain," and "Devil's Daughter."

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saxon

e8e60d3cdf.jpg

Discography

Saxon (1979)

Wheels of Steel (1980)

Strong Arm of the Law (1980)

Denim and Leather (1981)

The Eagle has Landed (1982; live)

Power and the Glory (1983)

Crusader (1984)

Innocence is no Excuse (1985)

Rock the Nations (1986)

Destiny (1988)

Rock 'n' Roll Gypsies (1990; live)

Solid Ball of Rock (1991)

Forever Free (1992)

Dogs of War (1995)

Unleash the Beast (1997)

Live at Donnington (1997)

The Eagle Has Landed, Vol.2 (1998; live)

Metalhead (1999)

Killing Ground (2001)

Heavy Metal Thunder (2002; rerecordings of old classics, originaly released as bonus-CD from the Killing Ground album.)

Lionheart (2004)

The Eagle Has Landed, Vol.3 (2006; live)

The Inner Sanctum (2007)

I really recommend the new album, great songs they have there. And they really are an amazing live band. I have no idea why they weren't as big as other NWOBHM bands like Maiden or Priest. Saxon is definitely worth checking out.

One of my favourites: "747 (Strangers In The Night)" live in 1983

The classic "Crusader". That song has just an awesome guitar solo. rock3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hi7OxZDX768

The new videoclip "Let Me Feel Your Power". I wonder if there's footage from the Spirit of Rock festival, because they were filming.

Princess Of The Night live:

Official website:

www.saxon747.com

Saliva

Saliva2006.jpg

Saliva is an alternative rock/hard rock band who makes use of grunge techniques as well as a bit of nu metal on their older albums though they still incorporate rapped verses to a degree.

Their older albums are really nu-metal like, but as the band progressed, so did their music.

Saliva are:

Josey Scott - Vocals, Acoustic guitar.

Wayne Swinny - Lead Guitar.

Dave Novotny - Bass Guitar.

Paul Crosby - Drums.

Jonathan Montoya - Rhythm Guitar.

Discography:

Saliva - 1996

Every Six Seconds - 2001

Back Into Your System - 2002

Survival of the Sickest - 2004

Blood Stained Love Story - 2007

Where to start:

Their last two albums are pretty well done, with Blood Stained Love Story being the best of them. Really Grungy sounding, though they still rap occasionaly. Recommended songs: Ladies and Gentlemen, Broken Sunday, Black Sheep, One More Chance. http://www.myspace.com/saliva

Edited by Projected

Guest knerken

I love Silvertide! I've been looking all over for their album, but I can't find it anywhere. I guess I have to order it from UK or US...

My band's name is The Hollywood Beauty Queens. I guess I recommend everyone to check us out: Myspace

We're going into studio this weekend to record four new songs, so check out in next weeks if you're interested in hearing more.

Edited by knerken

Gym Class Heroes

Gym Class Heroes is an indie hip hop band from Geneva, New York. Rather than using the conventional tools of hip hop production, Gym Class Heroes use live instruments, similar to artists such as Stetsasonic, The Roots, and Crown City Rockers.

Their lyrics are fun and funny, really not your typical Bling-Bling-Guns-Bitches hip hop.

Gym Class Heroes are:

Travis McCoy

Disashi Lumumba-Kasongo

Eric Roberts

Matt McGinley

Discography:

2001: ...For the Kids

2005: The Papercut Chronicles

2006: As Cruel as School Children

Where to start?

Really, everything you can find is great. http://www.myspace.com/gymclassheroes has some tracks from their last album, my favorite being New Friend Request, talking about making friends at MySpace. Also Clothes Off is great.

Edited by Projected

I love Silvertide! I've been looking all over for their album, but I can't find it anywhere. I guess I have to order it from UK or US...

My band's name is The Hollywood Beauty Queens. I guess I recommend everyone to check us out: Myspace

We're going into studio this weekend to record four new songs, so check out in next weeks if you're interested in hearing more.

You'll get it at Platekompaniet.

Guest knerken

You'll get it at Platekompaniet.

Great!

For those of you metal fans out there

Katatonia

katatonia.jpg

Kataonia is a doom-metal band from Stockholm, Sweden. They are known for their melancholic sound,

which is why someone calls their music "Depressive Rock." Their earlier records is quite different from

their later. They have progressed alot, and won't really be associated with their earlier records.

Now they have found their sound with the depressive vocal, dropped guitars, heavey riffs etc.

Discography:

* Dance of December Souls (1993)

* Brave Murder Day (1996)

* Discouraged Ones (1998)

* Tonight's Decision (1999)

* Last Fair Deal Gone Down (2001)

* Viva Emptiness (2003)

* The Great Cold Distance (2006)

Where To Start:

I would start with the Last Fair Deil Gone Down album. Which is my favourite album by these guys. This album contains my

favourite song "Teargas," which is representative for their sound and style.

I persenally recomend you Gravity Co. !!! They are bulgarian rock group but they sing in english so you'll have no problem with understanding the lyrics... their music is very catchy , unique in some way and I really love some of their lyrics ^_^ (they are not singing for love...)

1.jpg

Discography:

MIXEDUP

Release date: 2006-10-06

Tracklist:

01. Paper Trail

02. The Evidence Came

03. Mr. No One /clockwork remix/ - by Metropolis

04. Higher /dub vocal mix/

05. Crystalline /deep soul sky remix/ by Special K

06. In My Mind /spaced out remix/ by PFS 303

07. Empty World /re-edit/ - by Eura

08. What I Want /vocal club deep mix/ by DJ Fozzie & Stefan Dega

09. Empty World /filling up mix/ by JackRock

10. Empty World /video edit/

INSTINCT

Release date: 2005-03-06

Tracklist:

01. Higher

2. Hidden Stairway

03. Wings

04. Cry

05. In My Mind

06. Pray

07. What I Want

08. Empty World

09. Downward

10. Crystalline

Gravity Co. - live on DVD

Release date: 2003-12-26

Tracklist:

01. Intro

02. Chameleon

03. Away

04. Keep It

05. Mr. No One

6. E-O

07. The View

08. What I Want

09. Terra Trance

10. Ain't No Sunshine

11. Time

U

Release date: 2002-12-13

Tracklist:

01. Time

02. Away

03. Keep It

04. Mr. No One

05. E-O

06. Chameleon

07. Ain't No Sunshine

08. Terra Trance

09. Step In (low-fi terramix)

10. The View

Where to start:

Maybe it's better to start with their last album bacause there are some new songs and mixes of their best songs although I like all their albums ;)

gravity co. official website

Njoy

A Perfect Circle

P56334DWSLV.jpg

Formed by Tool vocalist Maynard James Keenan and former Tool guitar tech Billy Howerdel, A Perfect Circle is an extension of the alt-metal-fused-with-art rock style popularized by Tool in the early to mid-'90s. While similar to Tool in intensity and melancholy, A Perfect Circle is less dark and more melodic, with a theatrical, ambient quality that incorporates occasional strings and unusual instrumentation.

A Perfect Circle are:

Josh Freese

Maynard James Keenan

Troy Van Leeuwen

Billy Howerdel

Paz Lenchantin

Jeordie White

Discography:

2000 - Mer de Noms

2003 - Thirteenth Step

2004 - Emotive

Where to start?

Probably with their last album - Emotive. Really nice Grunge/Art rock sounding covers album. Includes an amazing Grunge cover of Lennon's 'Imagine'.

Edited by Projected

Damn, Projected bet me!

I personally think Thirteenth Step is their best album, The Noose is just perfection.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Agalloch

251842360_17467e8736_o.jpg

Agalloch, are an experimental Black/Doom/Folk metal band from in Portland, Oregon.

Agalloch formed in 1996 & are signed to "The End Records"

Members:

John Haughm - vocals, guitar

Don Anderson - guitar

Jason William Walton - bass guitar

Chris Green - drums

Discography:

Albums:

Pale Folklore (July 6, 1999)

The Mantle (August 13, 2002)

Ashes Against the Grain (August 8, 2006)

LPs & EPs:

From Which of This Oak (1996)

Of Stone, Wind and Pillor (2001)

Tomorrow Will Never Come (2003)

The Grey (2004)

Split with Nest (2004)

Video:

Where to start?

1.The Mantle (August 13, 2002)

2.Ashes Against the Grain (August 8, 2006)

The Mantle is a must have, get that one first, if you enjoy it, get Ashes Against the Grain, then go for whatever.

Job For A Cowboy

jfac1.jpg

Job for a Cowboy is a deathcore / death metal band, based in Glendale, Arizona.

After their demo , Job for a Cowboy released their debut EP Doom in 2005, to generally positive reviews. It was originally released on King of the Monsters records, but a larger record label spotted the band and signed them, and the album was re-released on their current record label, Metal Blade Records, in 2006 with a bonus track. After being signed, Andrew Arcurio was kicked off the group for lack of interest and participation and was replaced by Bobby Thompson. Elliot Sellers also left the group after completing the writing and recording process for their Metal Blade debut, Genesis; he was replaced by Jon Rice during the YouTube tryouts. Genesis, was released on May 15, 2007.

Job for a Cowboy recently attended Download 07 in Donington, UK.

Band Members

Current members

* Jonny Davy: Vocals - (2002-present)

* Bobby Thompson: Guitar - (2006-present)

* Ravi Bhadriraju: Guitar - (2002-present)

* Brent Riggs: Bass, Backing Vocals - (2005-present)

* Jon "The Charn" Rice: Drums - (2007-present)[9]

Past members

* Elliott Sellers: Drums - (2004-2006)

* Andrew Arcurio: Guitar, (2002-2006)

* Andy Rysdam: Drums (2002-2004)

* Chad Staples: Bass (2002-2004)

Discography:

Job For A Cowboy Demo (2004)

Doom (2005)

Genesis (2007)

rock3

Edited by Death Star

Bane:

Banehardcoreband.jpg

Another hardcore punk band, began as a side project between Aaron Dalbec (then of Converge) and Damon Bellardo and have been recording since 1995. For anyone who liked the other bands I posted although these guys have a slightly heavier sound. The band are supposedly straight edge exclusing the currant drummer, although its debateable.

Discography:

-Holding This Moment

-It All Comes Down To This

-The Note

-Give Blood

Where To Start:

I recommend The Note - excellent album.

They gotta myspace somewhere...

xDSGx

..something different then.

Regina Spektor:

9479195-9479198-slarge.jpg

Regina Spektor is a Russian born, American raised, Jewish (how mixed up must she be?!) singer/song writer. Raised rom the age of 9 in New York her music is classifible as acoustic/folk/punk/alternative. She plays the guitar and piano and is an exceptional live performer with an incredible vocal range. Recommended for fans of Tori Amos, Fiona Apple and Rufus Wainright.

Discography:

-11:11

-Songs

-Soviet Kitsch

-Begin To Hope

Where To Start:

To begin I'd probably download Us, Samson, Ode To Divorce, That Time and Your Honour to get an idea of her full range of musical styles. When looking into her further I'd recommend the Soviet Kitsch album which features her best selection of songs IMO.

xDSGx

But it's shit.

..but thats just your opinion. Maybe other people don't think so! :P

Edited by DopeSickGirl

Godspeed You Black Emperor!

gybe_web.jpg

The instrumental, multimedia Montreal group Godspeed You Black Emperor! creates extended, repetition-oriented chamber rock. The minimal and patient builds-to-crescendo of the group's compositions result in a meditative and hypnotic listen that becomes almost narrative when combined with found-sound splices and the films of their visual collaborators. GYBE! formed in 1994, and that year self-released a limited-run (33 copies) cassette entitled All Lights Fucked on the Hairy Amp Drooling. The band's next recording, F#A#(Infinity), was initially a limited-run release of 550 LPs on the Canadian label Constellation, but was picked up by Kranky and released onto CD as well. Early 1999 brought the EP Slow Riot for New Zero Kanada (released by both labels) and increased recognition for a band intent on retaining anonymity. Nevertheless, interest in GYBE! only continued to grow among new music fans with much positive attention from The Wire magazine, the band's participation in the John Peel-produced Peel Session for the London BBC, and the group's consistently impressive live shows, including their performance at Quebec's 1999 new music festival FIMAV and the tour with Labradford later that year. GYBE! performances generally include at least nine or more musicians and a projectionist. The instrumentation consists of three guitars, two basses, French horn, violin, viola, cello, and percussion. 2000 brought about the release of Lift Your Skinny Fists Like Antennas to Heaven, pushing their diverse orchestral rock sound even further into the universe.

1998 F# A# (Infinity)

2000 Lift Your Skinny Fists Like Antennas to Heaven

2002 Yanqui U.X.O.