Libertad

SofaKingWhat

I'm digging about 4 songs on it right now. Not really the best driving cd with the exception of those songs. I really like the first song, but I was kind of bummed there wern't any more songs of that pace. So don't expect many Sucker Train Blues or Dirty Little Thing type of songs. I havn't really listened to the "slower" songs which I think there are a couple too many of, they sound good from what i've heard, though Scott's vocals sound a little awkward on them at times.

I'd put it below Contraband, but I can definitely see myself taking a few songs from Libertad, and a couple from Controband to make a nice quick rock CD.

i like some of the songs, but the more i listen to it the more it bores me. i think the mixing is excellent, and boosts the album. apart from that, some of the songs are just...nothing.

let it roll and she mine i really like. i heard 'messages' aswell which they omitted from the album, which was a mistake cos its much better than the ballads they opted for on the album.

i like ELO a lot, but the cover does nothing for me.

i guess slash and duff are in the same position as axl, their work will always be compared to AFD; so yeah, anything they do will look mediocre compared to that.

i guess slash and duff are in the same position as axl, their work will always be compared to AFD; so yeah, anything they do will look mediocre compared to that.

Though by not having the name Guns N' Roses, and Scott Weiland as a singer it frees them to do a bit more without as big of a comparisson.

I do think the general public know once they hear them that it's not GNR and not to expect GNR-like material.

what guitarist doesnt want the term virtusou come before there name?

Probably anyone who's not a self-agrandizing wanker like Yngwie...

Edited by moreblack

My copy of Libertad is posted and on it's way to me now. Should arrive on Monday, a day early rock3

I never realised they had covered ELOs' Can't get it out of my head. I love ELO.

Hooray for everything!

Postal strike. It may take longer to reach you.

I've given it 3 full listens as of this morning

I don't think it is any better or any worse than Contraband

I really like " For a Brother " and " Pills,Demons, etc"

This Fight or Last Fight whatever the name was, will be this album's " Sour Girl " or " Fall to Pieces" - it's just pure catchy radio music and will overplayed to the point of ridiculous by radio stations

Mary, Mary might be one of the most annoying songs I've heard in awhile

The rest is solid rock - reminding very much of the last album

Overall, I'd probably give it a 7.5 while Contraband got an 8

mediocre album

watse of talent

how can slash not wnat to do special music?

You mean like with Axl, releasing jack squat since UYI while your prime years fritter away? Slash made the right call. VR has some kickass tunes that rock in similar ways to AFD. Yes, they may not be as intricate as some of Axl's songs but if it takes twenty years to do it then perhaps it just ain't worth it.