Steve Winwood

swlabr

This guy is great. He's a great songwriter, singer, piano/keys/organ player and a VERY underrated guitar player. I mean, he's no Hendrix but he can play the guitar well. From what I've heard, Traffic is an awesome band and Blind Faith is great. Just thought I'd share that with you guys. Low Spark of High-Heeled Boys Great song.

Edited by swlabr

This guy is great. He's a great songwriter, singer, piano/keys/organ player and a VERY underrated guitar player. I mean, he's no Hendrix but he can play the guitar well. From what I've heard, Traffic is an awesome band and Blind Faith is great. Just thought I'd share that with you guys. Low Spark of High-Heeled Boys Great song.

His playing on Hendrix's Voodoo Chile is phenomenal. I've only heard a few songs by his other bands sbut I like what I've heard. I should check out that material. Unfortunately his 80's stuff turned me off from him, but I should give him a fair shot.

Guest Ohdistortedsmile1789
Traffic's self-titled album is one of the best records of the 1960s.

Ah!!! Upload it for me, please! I'm broke and can't find it online :(

I've only got it on vinyl.

He had huge hits in the 80's with Higher Love, Back in the High Life, The Finer Things, etc. but I hear from many older people that his early stuff from Traffic is great and that he is a seriously gifted musician.

Always sounded like a black dude singing to me, too.

:lol: A Black dude?! Yeah, his old stuff is great.

Indeed. I mean that as a compliment - A lot of the old Motown singers have a certain soul that comes through in their voice, and I always thought Winwood had that too.