Who do you hate?

Gnfnrhead

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cobain

What, why?

over-rated, and he made some good songs, but i don't consider them to be "great"

Overrated? How?

That seems to be everyone's excuse for not liking an artist at this forum.

well when they first came out, no one really knew about them or him, then all the sudden after he dies, everyone says "nirvana is da greatest" and stuff like that, and then they come out with shirts with him on it, posters, etc

No one really knew about Nirvana before Kurt's death? Hahahaha, that's the stupidest thing I've heard all day.

If they were so unpopular before Kurt's death, then why did Nevermind and In Utero hit 1 in the charts in 3 different countries?

Why were they the first alternative band ever to knock the king of mainstream pop, Michael Jackson, off the top of the Bilboard-charts?

Why did Nevermind sell to triple-platinum less than six months after its release?

Why did "Smells Like Teen Spirit" reach #1 in two different countries?

You seem kinda biased, man, your statements doesn't make sense at all.

Cobain

What, why?

over-rated, and he made some good songs, but i don't consider them to be "great"

Overrated? How?

That seems to be everyone's excuse for not liking an artist at this forum.

well when they first came out, no one really knew about them or him, then all the sudden after he dies, everyone says "nirvana is da greatest" and stuff like that, and then they come out with shirts with him on it, posters, etc

Let's see...Nevermind was released in 1991. Cobain died in 1994. Nope.

How would you know? You were how old when Nevermind came out? 1 even?

And how old when Cobain died? 3-4?

Guns and Pearl Jam? I can't really think of any other bands he openly dissed.

i can :rofl-lol: but he never dissed offhand, he gave pretty decent reasons for his dislike. and you got to remember that he didnt diss in the sense where you hold yourself higher or something. he was none too complimentry about his own band and their success.

I remember Cobain saying in a documentary that he would never bring a child to a "shit world like this" or something.

A year later? He's having a child with a cracked up whore called Courtney Love.

:rolleyes:

i think 99% of the world has had the notion that they should never bring a child to a shit world like this occur to them, if they all didnt well very few of us would be alive. Kurts problem was honesty. he appeared to be saying what he felt in accordance to however he felt at the time and the problem with that is that, feelings changed. its like if i asked you certain question while you were pissed/depressed and then asked you the same question when you were happy/normal or vice-versa. i wager the answers would differ wildly, its called being a human being.

Oasis - because they think they are second Beatles. Ha-ha ;)

Coldplay, Travis and another some shitty bands which think that they do music

Agreed.

Guns and Pearl Jam? I can't really think of any other bands he openly dissed.

What did he say about Pearl Jam? I heard that he said some bad things about them, but can't remember what.

Hating Kurt because Nirvana are 'overrated', and/or Kurt committed suicide is just pathetic. People say they hate Kurt just for the sake of doing it.