the only good bands here now are

GUNSNROSES513

The "13 and younger" excuse doesn't work - my brother was posting on a forum when he was 9, and used proper grammar and spelling. :tongue2:

Well, you're from USA, you have english as your first language. I wrote norwegian with few typos and shit when I were 9.

You guys from other countries generally do really really good at english. It surprises me, because even most people over here that do second languages can't speak it fluently. They must really push it at school over there?

I've had english a couple of times a week since first grade but it's nothing heavy, but 3 times a week for 11 years adds up. Besides all the videogames, the internet, tv - everything is in english so you learn pretty fast, at least I did.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh trust me, there are plenty of good bands out there- the only difference is that most of them are not popular or played on most radios.

If a band being played on the radio is what makes them a band- then I think you have to re-evaluated your definition of a band.

There are plenty of newer popular bands I like but most of them aren't even played on the radio.

Guest Satanisk_Slakt
The "13 and younger" excuse doesn't work - my brother was posting on a forum when he was 9, and used proper grammar and spelling. :tongue2:

Well, you're from USA, you have english as your first language. I wrote norwegian with few typos and shit when I were 9.

You guys from other countries generally do really really good at english. It surprises me, because even most people over here that do second languages can't speak it fluently. They must really push it at school over there?

I've had english a couple of times a week since first grade but it's nothing heavy, but 3 times a week for 11 years adds up. Besides all the videogames, the internet, tv - everything is in english so you learn pretty fast, at least I did.

1st grade? I started with english when I was 9, not 7 :unsure: Thought we had the same school plan in Sweden.

Anyways, since I suck in english, I'm a bad example (I went in special class in english :P), but in Sweden it's one of the 3 most important "ämne"(don't know what the word is for this, but the words that combines all lessons in for exemple math, music lesson, history, geography etc. Don't know if you understand what I meant, but wtf, I try :lol:)

Edited by Satanisk_Slakt

1st grade? I started with english when I was 9, not 7 :unsure: Thought we had the same school plan in Sweden.

Anyways, since I suck in english, I'm a bad example (I went in special class in english :P), but in Sweden it's one of the 3 most important "ämne"(don't know what the word is for this, but the words that combines all lessons in for exemple math, music lesson, history, geography etc. Don't know if you understand what I meant, but wtf, I try :lol:)

Yeah, I think most schools in Sweden start english in 3rd grade (when you're 9) but my school started with english in 1st grade, don't know why. I've always been quite good in english but I used to be so fucking nervous that I never spoke in class so my teachers didn't know I was good :xmassrudolph: . Oh, and "ämne" is subject in english.

Well Audioslave rocked the way out since the last year

now we have....

Wolfmother

Scorpions (great band...especially live)

VR

The money making reunions of:the police and Genesis

and someone else that i'm forgetting

But please stop talkin about RHCP and U2 like they were rock band...please please!

Edited by oneAXLinamillion

Guest Satanisk_Slakt
Scorpions (great band...especially live)

They wasn't very good live when I saw then on Sweden Rock a couple of weeks ago...