Live Earth concert

Zint

It starts in a matter of hours.

I just read through the complete line up...underwhelming for the most part.

Oh well...it's for a good cause,that's the main thing.

I guess I'll tape it and fast forward through it later.

Apparantly Al Gore is making an announcement today about a secret surprise show that hasn't been announced yet.Maybe he's been holding out some good bands for this one. :tongue2:

guess we'll see

Anybody going to any of the shows??...or...plan on watching this?

Do you think you'll be swayed or inspired to "go green"?

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not even for a good cause. We do not and a cannot control climate change.

It's just another excuse for a bunch of bands to suck each others dicks and be a part of history. Most of the bands playing will never be remembered in years to come for their music unless Kerrang and MTV have some "crap bands we used to love" hour.

Ironically, by not watching it I will be doing what the event is supposed to get people to do.

I'd like to see The Police, Foo Fighters and Smashing Pumpkins. I'll check it out, I assume its gonna be on MTV or VH1?

No. :huh:

Picture1-4.png

Isn't the surprise supposed to be a bunch of scientists in Antarctica singing or something? :unsure:

Damn. I was expecting updates from Kurt Loder and Tabitha Soren. OOPS, 18 years too late.

The surprise concert is being held in D.C.

I think that's pretty fuckin cool considering certain Republican senators who claim global warming is a hoax initially blocked Gore from holding the concert.

So they've just moved it a few blocks down...gotta love that.

Never give in!

link

Edited by zint61

The surprise concert is being held in D.C.

I think that's pretty fuckin cool considering certain Republican senators who claim global warming is a hoax initially blocked Gore from holding the concert.

So they've just moved it a few blocks down...gotta love that.

Never give in!

link

Awesome! :o

The Live Earth concerts have been accused of being hypocritical, with several bands boycotting the event.

The Artic Monkeys are the latest band to question the morals of the event, saying the stage lights alone would use enough electricity to power ten houses.

Sir Bob Geldof, who has been responsible for staging events such as live 8 and Live Aid, says the last thing climate change needs is a rock concert.

He says a commitment from politicians is needed to make a real change.

Link.

The Artic Monkeys are the latest band to question the morals of the event, saying the stage lights alone would use enough electricity to power ten houses.

When you think about it that way... :rofl-lol:

When you think about it that way then we had better ban all concerts forever.

And if the Artic Monkey's stopped playing they'd save over 50,000 ears from bleeding.

:lol:

I find that a tad bit senseless of them to say though- if the concert is going to be on anyway, why not be a part of it and showcase their care for the cause. If it's not them performing, it'll be another band- and the same amount of stage-light would be used.

But I do respect them for that.

I find that a tad bit senseless of them to say though- if the concert is going to be on anyway, why not be a part of it and showcase their care for the cause.

Yeah, and why doesnt vegitarians eat meat? The animal is already slaughtered?

Edited by Raw Power

I find that a tad bit senseless of them to say though- if the concert is going to be on anyway, why not be a part of it and showcase their care for the cause.

Because they are stupid vegetarians...

Touche.

In that respect, I understand your point.

I'm speaking technically though, if it really personally bothers them- then I rest my case, but I'm just stating the fact that it could be a win-win situation for them.

I've always asked this question myself. I don't want to rant, but vegetarians can't save animals by not eating them. They're dead already.

I've always asked this question myself. I don't want to rant, but vegetarians can't save animals by not eating them. They're dead already.

No, one or two vegiterians won't make much of a difference. It's about principles.

I didn't mean it that way. :huh:

But you have to admit, it is a bit funny in an ironic way considering what the concert is being held for.

I didn't mean it that way. :huh:

But you have to admit, it is a bit funny in an ironic way considering what the concert is being held for.

I know that's what you were saying. Sorry, I wasn't too clear was I? What I meant was, every tour a band does is going to burn energy. And it could be argued it's all a waste because music isn't essential to living (not that I believe that myself). So, for the Arctic Monkeys to get all moral about the event is pretty hypocritical.