Live Earth concert

Zint

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Metallica only played Black Album songs.

Al Gore's in New York, and he said "Now, a duet you will never forget!"

When Keith Urban started playing "Gimme Shelter," I naturally assumed it would be Mick Jagger, but hell no, it was Alicia Keys or something! :huh:

Metallica only played Black Album songs.

Al Gore's in New York, and he said "Now, a duet you will never forget!"

When Keith Urban started playing "Gimme Shelter," I naturally assumed it would be Mick Jagger, but hell no, it was Alicia Keys or something! :huh:

:lol:

no shit!...I thought Jagger was there,how disappointing to see Alicia Keys walk out.

OK, now I've seen the Metallica set. Let me know if I missed a song, I guess everyone is playing 3 songs.

Sad But True

Nothing Else Matters

Enter Sandman

James Hetfield "Make some noise if you give a shit!"

This makes it all worthwhile, sitting thru shitty acts to get to see these guys. They still got it!

OK, now I've seen the Metallica set. Let me know if I missed a song, I guess everyone is playing 3 songs.

Sad But True

Nothing Else Matters

Enter Sandman

James Hetfield "Make some noise if you give a shit!"

This makes it all worthwhile, sitting thru shitty acts to get to see these guys. They still got it!

Watch for some Metallica guest appearances with Spinal Tap..

In fact...about a dozen guests come out to play BASS on Big Bottoms....it's classic!

Has The Pumpkins been on over there yet?

Not even close. Last time I checked, Ludacris had just started:

LUDACRIS

AFI

FALL OUT BOY

AKON

JOHN MAYER

MELISSA ETHERIDGE

ALICIA KEYS

DAVE MATTHEWS BAND

KELLY CLARKSON

KANYE WEST

BON JOVI

SMASHING PUMPKINS

ROGER WATERS

THE POLICE

I see a bunch of bands claiming to help the world, I do not believe the shit about climate change, it is a money maker, same goes with the ozone layer in the 90's different name same shit, I see a bunch of artists who live in excess and perform concerts all over the world with major electrical charges, ya they got there:

gas guzzler cars and trucks, vans

Planes, concert lights sound equipment,

food wasted at gigs, garbage, etc etc

mansions...

it just makes me think these guys are so fake in every cause they try to support, thank god no bands I like are involved...

climate change = more money for governments, economy, hink about it it is the same as war = money...

wonder what the years after 2010 will be,,, they will have a new title for this bullshit cause..

Gunsguy

I find that a tad bit senseless of them to say though- if the concert is going to be on anyway, why not be a part of it and showcase their care for the cause.

Yeah, and why doesnt vegitarians eat meat? The animal is already slaughtered?

I've always asked this question myself. I don't want to rant, but vegetarians can't save animals by not eating them. They're dead already.

Not sure if you guys are kidding or what.

Less people eating meat = less demand for meat

Less demand for meat = less animals get killed

Yes, when a hamburger sits on the plate in front of you it's already dead. But if a bunch of people don't order a hamburger, over time, the industry will have to produce less hamburger meat.

If everyone stopped eating meat then zero cows would get slaughtered.

This is basic Economics.

For the record, I am not a vegetarian, though I do try to cut back on meat at times. You don't need to eat meat every meal, it's probably not the best diet anyhow. I'm not against eating animals per se (obviously), what I am against are cruel farming practices.

Anyways, I sort of agree with GG being cynical of this event. Not that I don't believe in climate change, though I am definitely suspicious. I mean, back when Hurricane Katrina hit it was the worst hurricane season in decades. The environmental movement was very alarmist, yelling that this was proof of climate change, etc. But what about the worst hurricane season before that, back in like the '60s? Was that climate change then too? There are many examples like this one because weather patterns are never constant. They always change, and who's to say that the pattern we are in right now wouldn't have happened anyways?

That said, of course we should try to be as green as we can. I do simple things, recycling, buying merchandise that is green (natural laundry detergent for example, free of all the chemicals they put into mass market brands - and then that enters your skin when you wear your clothes!).

Tell you what is damaging the Earth most though, it's the fact that there are waaaaaaay too many people on it. The human population is out of control. We are taking land from wildlife and it's not cool. The more people on this planet the more we suck from it and the more pollution we cause. I am a lot more passionate about this than I am Live Earth, not for anything like climate change (that's pretty selfish, we only care when we think it's a threat to us), but for the wildlife that we have absolutely no regard for. The two causes definitely overlap, but I see it from a completely different angle.

Anyways, JMO.

I was watching Metallica on BBC1, but they only showed the first two songs, and then afterwards showed Crowded House - pathetic. The stream hardly works here.

Just so everyone knows.. if you press the red button you can see all the songs they didnt show on bbc.

I cant BELIEVE they cut spinal tap short by two songs! Get your shit together bbc!

STONEHENGEEE!

Pussycat Dolls get a higher billing than Metallica.

sad...

but true

Brilliant :lol:

Watch for some Metallica guest appearances with Spinal Tap..

In fact...about a dozen guests come out to play BASS on Big Bottoms....it's classic!

Thats gotta be a world record for the number of bass players on stage. Awesome!

Nigel "Hello Wimbledon!"