Alice in Chains

Lithium

I think it's about time someone made a thread about them.

I must say that they have really grown on me during this year, they are probably my favourite band right now, next to The Doors.

My top ten songs:

Bleed the Feak

Rain When I Die

No Excuses

Love, Hate, Love

I Stay Away

I Know Somethin' ('Bout You)

Brother

Don't Follow

What the Hell Have I

Sea of Sorrow

EDIT: Oh, and I recommend Layne's side-project Mad Season to everyone who enjoys Alice in Chains and grunge in general.

Edited by Lithium

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am proud to say, that of all the grunge bands that surfaced in their prime, Alice was the first one that caught my attention and I was rocking out to them a lot earlier than most.

What they did on Jar of Flies was create one of my favorite albums of all time, too.

I know most don't share my opinion on their un-plugged, but I really did not care for it. I think it sounds forced, a lot of the tunes were played a little too up-tempo, almost as if they were just looking to get through the gig.

I know most don't share my opinion on their un-plugged, but I really did not care for it. I think it sounds forced, a lot of the tunes were played a little too up-tempo, almost as if they were just looking to get through the gig.

I like it, but it's nowhere near as good as Nirvana's MTV Unplugged in New York.

Alice In Chains is definitely one of my favorite bands. My favorite album by them would have to be Facelift.

And I've been meaning to check out Mad Season for some time now.

EDIT: About the MTV Unplugged, Layne was very weak and not all there, as you might say.

Edited by LCG

Im a huge AIC fan too. I have the sun logo inked on my arm and my biggest regret is not seeing them with Layne. I never really had the chance unfortunately. Has anyone seen them with the new singer? I heard theyre pretty good just impossible to recreate Laynes voice. I personally think that the Self Titled album with the 3 legged dog on the cover is their best. While Dirt is the album that I would reccomend to someone whos never heard AIC, I would say at the risk of sounding pretentious that Self Titled is advanced listening. The moody atmosphere, the darker blusier feel, I think it all plays very well into their style. "Frogs" is one of the most chilling, eerie and depressing songs Ive ever heard, and even more depressing when you consider that the lyrics involved are heartfelt and true. The dichotomy was always that Laynes addiction is what fueled his artistry, but its also what ended up destroying him. I loved the Unplugged as well. Its too bad they didnt get more praise and attention because they certainly deserved it.

Some of my fav songs:

Frogs

God Am

Over Now

Got Me Wrong

Would?

Damn That River

Hate To Feel

Bleed The Freak

Rooster

Man In The Box (yea I know, it was the big single but lets face it an awesome song)

Love this band. Dirt is probably my favorite.

In 1991, they opened for Van Halen, but my dickhead friends didn't care to see the opening band(AIC), so we got stuck in traffic and missed them. In 1995 they opened for KISS. It almost happened again, I was with 3 friends who didn't know or care about AIC, but I convinced them to get their heads out of their asses and get on the road. I still missed 2 songs, but I finally got to see them live, and they were great.

good band,Angry Chair is my favorite song,I even the Mad Season album,that has a couple of decent songs aswell.

Anyone that has not checked the Mad Season album, he is correct. It is very good. Wake up , I'm above are my favorites.

There's also a song called Long Gone Day that is does'nt take many listens to, to realize that Godsmack totally ripped it off for their song Voodoo.

the crown jewel of the grunge movement, you hear a lot about pearl jam, soundgarden, and Nirvana when you talk about the grunge movement, but AIC really goes untalked about and thats a crime, im wearing an alice it chains T-Shirt Right Now! LOL

Favorite songs

Rooster

Them Bones

Man In The Box

Heaven beside You

Dam That River

Rain When I Die

got me wrong

I love the Dirt album and the MTV Unplugged to me is one best ever made, i felt so sad when Layne died it was a terrible lost for the music scene... :( Alice in Chains is my fave band from the called "grunge era" along with Pearl Jam i really love the harmonies of Layne and Cantrel's voice i think that was the factor that hooked me up with their music, plus Jerry has a lot sex appeal.. :wub:

Fave songs:

Would

Man in the box.

Heaven beside you.

We die young.

Down in a hole.

Again. rock1

Angry Chair.

Nutshell.

Edited by nathalie92

They were my favourite band one year ago or so, I still like the Unplugged album, Dirt is pretty cool too, I was a little disappointed by the Mad Season album though, only songs that impressed me were "Wake up" and "Long gone day".

Layne was one hell of a singer.