Led Zeppelin

Kefer

not true at all.just about every band on Fat Wreck Chords and Hell Cat records are great. A lot of great bands out there.

My two favourite record labels :lol:

Along with Trustkill. Dropkick Murphies, Against Me!, Rancid, Transplants, Lars and The Bastards.

Fuck yeaah!! :shades:

xDSGx

The Solo though is over rated, it's very simple and repetative. Nowhere near the greatest solo ever as I've seen it been called on many occasion

I find it funny, that most people on this forum say, when the topic is Buckethead, that it's not about playing complex stuff. But then again, people bash this awesome sounding solo for being simple. :rolleyes:

And Led Zeppelin rules. I mean, songs like "No Quarter", "Since I've Been Lovin' You", "Achilles Last Stand" or "When The Levee Breaks" are some of the best songs ever.

I don't agree stairway to heaven is over rated, it's a great instrumental arrangement with superb lyrics and an amazing climax.The Solo though is over rated, it's very simple and repetative. Nowhere near the greatest solo ever as I've seen it been called on many occasion

Very simple to play I suppose. You have to remember that he wrote that. He doesn't just sit in his mom's basement, learning from internet tabs. He created it and it fits perfectly with the song. Another thing, I think some of you need to come up with more gripes about LZ besides Stairway. Okay, it's overrated in your opinion, but how come I don't see any sour opinions of any of their other numerous songs? All you talk about is Stairway.

Edited by Zeppelin

why do people hold this band up so high? Stairway to Heaven is the most boring song ever. Well not as boring as a pink floyd song but pretty close.Page can play a decent guitar but he's no hendrix. Plant has a whiney voice . The first album had some fairly good songs but they never really expanded on their sound. As for lyrics , they did nothing for me. I've never heard one of their songs and gotten that cool feeling that a good song can give ya. I understand that a listener isn't gonna necessarily understand what every songs message is but all their songs are an abuse of the english language. if led zeppelin was a new band today they wouldn't sell. the music is nothing ground breaking and the lyrics make no sense whatsoever. this is my OPINION so don't crap yourself.

AGREED!

Led Zeppelin are fantastic, great songs, great solos.

Wasn't Robert Plant one of the reasons Cpt. Ax got into singing, or did somebody say he sounded like a young Robert Plant..it was something along those lines.

I've been listening to alot of LZ lately, last thing i had on was 'Stairway' thats iconic.

I can't agree with the "overrated and boring" thing at all.

Yes, some of Zeppelin's stuff is dated... NOW... but it was years ago for fuck's sake!!

Led Zeppelin introduced me to so much music and were the reason I picked up a guitar in the first place.

Everyone's entitled to their opinion and familiarity maybe does breed contempt but you can't just write off their contribution in a lame forum thread.

Just take a look at all the succesful and influential artists who cite them as an influence...