Greatest rapper?

Iron Roses

Greatest rapper?  

54 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nas, that's a given. You forgot to mention Q-Tip, the fellas from Jurassic 5, Mos Def, Talib Kweli. Nas is great though. Just listen to Rewind or Ether. He merked Jay-Z.

I wouldn't consider Dre much of a rapper. He was a better producer.

Edited by swlabr

2Pac, nobody will ever come close to him when it come to over-all-appearance. His skills, his flow, his lyrics, his charisma, his talent (also when it comes to acting), his character, and sadly also these theories and legends after his death... all this makes him unique and to the best rapper who ever grabbed a mic imo. Combine all this, and you have the blueprint of THE rapper out there.

2Pac, nobody will ever come close to him when it come to over-all-appearance. His skills, his flow, his lyrics, his charisma, his talent (also when it comes to acting), his character, and sadly also these theories and legends after his death... all this makes him unique and to the best rapper who ever grabbed a mic imo. Combine all this, and you have the blueprint of THE rapper out there.

Mos Def is light-years ahead of Pac when it comes to acting.

Mos Def is light-years ahead of Pac when it comes to acting.

Could very well be, I've seen him in "The Italian Job". Pretty shit movie imo, poor "Oceans 11" rip off when it comes to story but he was fun to watch, same for Marky Mark Wahlberg and Edward Norton of course. That was a kinda high-profile movie and they chose him, that's gotta mean something... but I really wouldn't say "light-years ahead", but what can I say, I've only seen "TIJ"...

Anyway, did you miss my point (no offence!)? I was talking about the whole package itself.

Edited by Spoon87

as an all rounder, in terms of everything, like pound for pound? tupac

as an MC? now theres a tough one, Biggie Smalls? flows flawless really and a REALLY smoothly punctuated rhythm with is rivaled pretty fucking well by Eminem. Rakim is up there too, GZA-Wu aint too fucking shabby either, that liquid swords album is fucking second to none. notable mentions on the flow include Big Pun, Big L, Jay Z but...a little too Biggie Smalls immitative, Canibus can get real educated when he wants to, Papoose is fuckin sick. too many to name that are good for too many different reasons.

as an all rounder, in terms of everything, like pound for pound? tupac

Yeah, he was the real deal.

R.I.P. ... :(

such a great actor too, he had this explosive emotive james deanesque quality to him. one of those people you cant take your eyes off onscreen, such a fuckin show stealer. he's hardly in above the rim but he's sooo the fuckin man of the movie. it was so great when he got to act outside of that gangsta shit with gridlock'd, gang related (poetic justice too i suppose although that character could be considered typical) seemed so indicative of how far he could go. damn shame. he was no MC though...but, as i said, pound for pound, weighing up all rapper traits? tupac wins.

Rap is not really my style of music, but Dr. Dre is my favorite.He gave a lot of People carrears KOFF eminem KOFF. and he also pruduces a lot as well.

he actually IS a producer. thats what he is, thats what he started as. he's only released two albums as a rapper and if you listen to them, he's always sharing the mic, 99% of the track. Dre aint a rapper, he's almost exclusively a producer. some tracks on Dre 2001 he's not even on at all. Jay Z ghost-wrote for him on Still D.R.E. not calling him a phoney or nothing, its really common knowledge.

Edited by ffrankwhite