Greatest Guitar Solo ever

misch

As much as I love Slashs' Solos in November Rain or Estranged, I have to say that the most outstanding guitar solos were written by Pink Floyd. Just look at the Solo in Comfortably Numb, it's just perfect.

Here's a list of the top 100 guitar solos ever voted by readers of the magazine Guitar World:

http://guitar.about.com/library/bl100greatest.htm

So, which is your favorite guitar solo in a rock song?

Edited by misch

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I always hated those lists ^ they're all exactly the same. My favourite solos to listen to are Pearl Jam: Alive, Pearl Jam: Why Go, Led Zeppelin: Tangerine (That tone is fucking perfect), Guns N' Roses: Rocket Queen Outtro, The Strokes: The Modern Age.

And I could name a million solos I think are better than Stairway to Heaven and All along the Watchtower etc from a technical standpoint, and those I stated are my favourite on just a listen. Also I think Another Brick in the Wall has a much better constructed solo than Comftorably Numb.

I always hated those lists ^ they're all exactly the same. My favourite solos to listen to are Pearl Jam: Alive, Pearl Jam: Why Go, Led Zeppelin: Tangerine (That tone is fucking perfect), Guns N' Roses: Rocket Queen Outtro, The Strokes: The Modern Age.

And I could name a million solos I think are better than Stairway to Heaven and All along the Watchtower etc from a technical standpoint, and those I stated are my favourite on just a listen. Also I think Another Brick in the Wall has a much better constructed solo than Comftorably Numb.

Yeah, that list is pretty predictable, I just added it to show what the general public is thinking and it's clear that they choose the solos of "hit-songs".

Nevertheless, Confortably Numb is a great guitar solo, my second favorite is the solo in "dogs" from animals.

Eric Clapton - I Shot The Sheriff (live)

jimi hendrix - message of love at the fillmore (band of gypsies)

jimi hendrix - red house from the "hendrix in the west" thing.

Satch - surfing with the alien, if that can be counted as a solo, ha.

eric clapton - white room

eric clapton - deserted cities of the heart

derek and the dominos - layla and bell bottomed blues.

carlos santana - she's not there

Edited by swlabr

Guest Ohdistortedsmile1789

"Comfortably Numb" really is great. I like it better than "Stairway to Heaven" and "Hotel California". I don't really care to dig deep and think about this topic much. "Californication" is about perfect though.

Few of my favourites:

Morello's solo from 'Like A Stone' by Audioslave

'Comfortably Numb' and the outro to 'Brick In The Wall: Part 2' by Pink Floyd

The solo in the middle of 'Orion' by Metallica, before it reprises the heavy riff from the first part of the song

'Cortez the Killer' by Neil Young

god there are tons of solos i like, well to name a few the NR outro umm double talkin jive solo is kickass especially the live version phantom of the opera of iron maiden has a sweet sweet solo, of course SCOM , ozzy ousborne randy roads era solos has way too many good solos, judas priest panikiller solo made me cry when i saw it live, king diamond's family ghost has a very good solo too

Edited by slash_360