Greatest Guitar Solo ever

misch

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate to sound Cliche... but I have been playing a lot of Guitar Hero 2 lately, and I have to say.

Free Bird has one of the best, if not the best guitar solos ever. It's absolutely fantastic, Much better than Stairway to Heaven, which is a great solo... but not the best of all time.

There are also a ton of other guitar solos I'd consider for the best guitar solos ever. Many Pink Floyd solos, Hotel California is great, Sweet Child O' Mine, Europa by Santana, plus a ton more.

Bucketheads TWAT solo

Be careful ChrisAxl - some jack-off here is gonna come on and tell you that it's " just echoing Axl's melody" or that is such a simple solo

Don't listen to that crap - it's a great solo and I agree with you

Bucketheads TWAT solo

love it

also:

the blues - gnr

alive - pearl jam

comfortably numb - pink floyd

no more tears - ozzy osbourne (zakk wylde did that one??)

and kiss you past goodbye - aerosmith (the song, for the most part, is crap, but the solo at the end is most excellent)

Edited by P.A. Guns

Bucketheads TWAT solo

love it

also:

the blues - gnr

alive - pearl jam

comfortably numb - pink floyd

no more tears - ozzy osbourne (zakk wylde did that one??)

and kiss you past goodbye - aerosmith (the song, for the most part, is crap, but the solo at the end is most excellent)

'Alive'. I'd forgotten that one. Shall have to put it on.

Guest Ohdistortedsmile1789

"Freebird" is really not all that great. "Bold As Love" from Hendrix contains another phenomenal solo. "Let It Be", good call (whoever that was). "I Remember You" has my favorite cheesy, over-the top 80s solo. Slash is really excellent on "Fall to Pieces".

There are so many great guitar solos out there, but here are a few of my favorites.

Guns N' Roses - Sweet Child O' Mine (Slash)

Kiss - Got To Choose (Ace Frehley)

Kiss - Forever (Bruce Kulick)

AC/DC - You Shook Me All Night Long (Angus Young)

Ozzy - No More Tears (Zakk Wylde)

Maybe not one of the best but certainly a very affective one....the solo in Sympathy For The Devil.

That one just rips my skin off every time I hear it.It's like someone handed Satan himself a guitar and told him to wail on that track.

one of my all time favs

Guest knerken
Maybe not one of the best but certainly a very affective one....the solo in Sympathy For The Devil.

That one just rips my skin off every time I hear it.It's like someone handed Satan himself a guitar and told him to wail on that track.

one of my all time favs

Was just about to mention that one! It's great! We're talking about Keith Richards, right? Not Slash/Paul Tobias? :ph34r:

Sympathy For The Devil and Californiacation are my favourites!