The Black Album

Chris Axl

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

LCG - Exactly - just like the 80s is the best thread..Chris - not really, but I would call the Illusions highly commercial. And yes, I know what I am talking about.UYI is much more, though.

their not commercial at all :lol:

this is a thread a about the BA.... go make a thread where we can discuss whatever you want..

Yes, they are. Listen to the polished sound, the long ballads.

dude....just becase its not GRUNGE or 70s music dosent mean it mainstream or commercial or whatever the fuck you want it to be.

from now I i turn on the *ignore lithium posts* button...

I don't like Metallica at all.Reason? Dunno, it all sounds way too boring to me. I never took my time to dig deeper than just the songs probably everybody knows, never felt the need to.
Check out early Metallica - in the 80s they were probably the best band in the mainstream, next to Anthrax.
dude....just becase its not GRUNGE or 70s music dosent mean it mainstream or commercial or whatever the fuck you want it to be.from now I i turn on the *ignore lithium posts* button...
:laugh: Do you even know what "commercial" means? It certainly doesn't appear so.

dude....just becase its not GRUNGE or 70s music dosent mean it mainstream or commercial or whatever the fuck you want it to be.

from now I i turn on the *ignore lithium posts* button...

Actually just because it's grunge doesn't make it not commercial. Nevermind is commercial. Nevermind is the reason why so many people listen to Nirvana; most of which don't even listen to other grunge bands.

Exactly, both of Guns' and Nirvana's follow-up albums were commercial. Their debuts weren't, though.

Definitely, especially Nirvana's. I was in the record store the other day and looked over to the Nirvana section, only to find that the Bleach albums had stickers on them saying 'This is Nirvana's debut album'. It's kinda sad really that the album is so overshadowed and forgotten about, as it's their best album imo.

I know this is off-topic, but hey, it doesn't look as if this thread is going any place good.

Edited by LCG

They have stickers like that on it? :( You should've punched the owner, or whoever with the responsibility, in the face - I hate it when great albums like that are underrated to that degree.

Bleach is also my favourite album by Nirvana.

Yeah - I've seen them like that in Virgin Records and HMV.

Also, you may disagree with me but I feel that Appetite For Destruction has become commercial, even though when released it wasn't intended to be. The album by far overshadows the Use Your Illusions.

And back to Metallica, anyone who doesn't like them and hasn't really heard much of their material should check out their 80s albums, Kill 'Em All, Ride The Lightning, Master Of Puppets and ...And Justice For All. I wouldn't bother listening to anything released after Black Album.

Edited by LCG

Of course you love it - it's Metallica's most commercial album.

It has got some good songs, but can't compare to early Metallica.

Of course you like the sound better, it's much more commercial.

:lol: :lol:

apparently you do not know what 'commercial' means..

The Black Album is probably Metallicas most accessible record..

people who dont really like what Metallica really is..like this record..

even shown back when it debuted..people who diddnt listen to them before, started listening to them with this record..

it is Metallica lite..

it doesnt compare to there earlier works..

but, hey..it does got some good tunes on it..its packed full of hits..

I cant deny that..

I don't get this elitest way of thinking where you can't like songs that are widely popular, etc, as though you can't be a true music fan if your favourite album/songs are big hits. Don't get me wrong, everyone has their reasons for liking (and disliking) songs, whether its the guitar playing, singing, lyrics, etc, but when you think about it, how 'easy' is it to write a song/album that is a 'hit'? Just something to discuss...

Monty

Edited by BLSMonty

There's nothing wrong with liking the popular, more mainstream songs, I mean I like Black Album but prefer the previous material. I just want Chris to explain why he likes them, and why he choses to ignore any advice we give him. He has given us no sort of decent reason as to why he prefers Black Album to ...And Justice For All. If he gave a creditable reason, then I would respect his opinion, even if I disagree with it. I think Lithium and others feel the same way.

Easily one of my favorite albums. ^_^

More so for the songs between the "hits" than anything else.

The God That Failed, for example.

exactly.

Its nost jut Enter Sandman, the Unforgiven and Nothing Else Matters. Eventough those are KILLER songs